Do you sleep with your pet?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,374 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Hey, life is full of compromises, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't ditch my girlfriend/wife/partner or whatever for a canine, because they didn't understand that I put animals before people and relationships.

As for sleeping in the same bed as a German Shepherd, forget it. Not only is it utterly weird, but they have a habit of barking at anything that moves.

I've owned two lovely GSs and I made sure they knew their place. There can only be one alpha.

• It has never been my choice, really. All but one of my cats always wanted to sleep together, and once they have set their mind to it, they really mean it. I know I can close the bedroom door, but they can meow. At 1 AM. Endlessly.

I had a great, lovable dog (part German Shepard) for 14 years - he never wanted to sleep on my bed but always stayed at the foot of the bed. If there was anything "wrong" or suspicious during the night, he would come over to me and nudge me, then bark softly about three times.

Of my two cats, one sleeps on my bed each night but goes to her own bed for part of the night after awhile. My other cat comes in the morning to wake me up and let me know it is time for "breakfast" - and if I don't respond right away, she lets me know that is NOT an acceptable behavior on my part!

Cats and dogs are great companions - and also real "friends"; better than most people from my experience.

• Our two Bichon Havaneses allow us to share their bed, so we all get along well, mostly. However, our beloved, now-departed Doberman, Cocoa, loved to get onto the bed with us. Problem: he weighed 35 kilos and had elbows that qualified as lethal weapons.

He slept on the floor, under protest.

• Official Post

Well, you can have the friendly purr and no hair if you go on this purr-generator: https://purrli.com/

You can adjust the volume, the frequency of purring, the friendliness and the relaxation desired. You can also opt to throw in an occasional meow to make it more real, and set a timer.

For the heating you will need a heating blanket. Voilà, you got a portable cat!