Buenos Aires city crime map

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,564 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I wish I could get a comprehensive crime map of my barrio, instead of having to select one kind of crime at once (there are about 10 kind of crimes...). Maybe they did it so that you wouldn't get too scared all at once!

Even better, give me a crime map of our small plaza! We know firsthand of an apt burglary in the next building, and a stabbing murder in front of the church. But how many other crimes have we simply not heard about? Of course such a map is only a dream, but it would be helpful to know what is happening before stepping outside in ignorance.

• Official Post

Even better, give me a crime map of our small plaza! We know firsthand of an apt burglary in the next building, and a stabbing murder in front of the church. But how many other crimes have we simply not heard about? Of course such a map is only a dream, but it would be helpful to know what is happening before stepping outside in ignorance.

Holy moly! When was this? Was it a random attack or because of an argument?

AKA: could have it happened to me?

Worried citizen

• Holy moly! When was this? Was it a random attack or because of an argument?

AKA: could have it happened to me?

Worried citizen

The police never found the killer, nor, I suspect, made much effort to do so. The victim, who with his wife and child had returned from a late school event, was said to have gone outside for a walk and a smoke at 1 am. As he crossed the plaza, the killer ran up and started stabbing him. Hearing screams, 2 guys working at Frattello's ran out to help. The killer ran off, pursued by one of the workers, while the other called the police. They eventually arrived, making no attempt to aid the dying man in the 25 minutes it took for an ambulance to come.

Various possible motives were floated around, including, of course, a drug deal. But we will never know.