Interesting blog on the Arg economy

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,990 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Having no economy background, I cannot judge these evaluation. They make me excited, as well, and I hope they will become true, one day.

Argentina is a rich country, but inhabited by a 50% populist population embracing left-ism Latin American movements and a 50% Western-driven population. This is not due to race composition, rather than on views on life, social citizenship, etc.

It is hard to explain even simpler and given-for-granted economy concept to the populist half of the crowd. They are either uneducated, or inexperienced (not having ever traveled abroad), highly influenceable crowd. But there are also a few wolves into that crowd of sheep, and they are those benefitting the most out of this system (Cristina, Lazaro, Moyano & friends).
    Anyone who has a Peronist family member can attest that once you are born with the system, you never doubt of it.

What is really scaring is that people my age and younger, who were brought up according to Kirchnerism, have never seen it any different and cannot immagine an alternative reality where thing can work differently (in fact, the wealthiest economies do not adopt a populist model).

• Like Serafina's, my background is in science rather than economics. A lot of this makes my eyes glaze over. David Zanoni's thinking was so much more positive than Ian Bezek's that he got my hopes up.

Bezek doesn't seem to appreciably value the natural resources of Argentina, while Zanoni singles out the vast natural resources as well as biofuel leadership, as significant contributors to the GDP. While Bezek views Argentina's agriculture-based economy as a serious negative, in the long run, not simply in this year of serious drought, Zanoni seems to credit it as a driver of the much needed increase in GDP: "Argentina's GDP growth is driven by its abundance of natural resources such as: lead, zinc, tin, copper, manganese, iron ore, uranium, lithium, oil and natural gas. The GDP growth is also driven by Argentina's production of biofuel. Argentina produces more biofuel than any other country. Agricultural is another contributor to GDP as this acts as an export-oriented industry for Argentina."