Let's fight guns with more guns, suggests Trump

There are 40 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,360 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Here’s the sobering truth about AR-15’s: designed for killing the maximum number of people as quickly as possible on the battlefield, they are extremely efficient. Since they have come to be the gun of choice in these shootings, hospitals have seen a decrease in victims brought to the emergency rooms. Simultaneously,hospital morgues have seen a marked increase.

• Biden has been trying to get Congress to pass some very basic measures to provide a tiny modicum of gun safety. While he has achieved more than any other president, the measures congress has been willing to pass are infinitesimally small.

Meanwhile certain states continue to pass more and more gun-lenient laws, such as NO permits needed for gun ownership.

It seems like no politician in the USA can adopt a viable position on the matter because it fundamentally compromises the constitution and their ability to get elected again if they take a position against it.

@Bombonera , you’re absolutely right about politicians’ concern about reelection, if they do the right thing. As for compromising the Constitution? People ascribe all kinds of permission and powers to the Second Amendment. But it reads very simply,

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Does anyone see anything about the right to possess automatic weapons? Does this Constitutional amendment suggest that it gives license to civilians to possess arsenals of high-speed weapons and rooms full of ammo?

Or does it instead say that the amendment was included to provide for an armed, “Well regulated militia” for the security of the country?

• It’s the gun culture that’s mainly responsible for the deaths

A lot more deaths and injuries occur everyday. The vast majority go unreported by the media

I haven’t heard of the need for a militia to be formed as said in the 2nd Amendment, but people seem to be hoarding guns like there’s going to be a world war

I saw a video on twitter in which a governor wants everyone to carry a pistol. It’s such a knee jerk reaction and it will only make matters worse, not better

• It's gotten to a cult like surrealist nightmare. 90% plus shooters in mass killings are male. This behavior is a mental health disease. My roommate coined a term for it, please disseminate freely, the word is MAGAseptis. Part zombie brain rot mixed with conspiracy theory, topped of with a healthy dose of toxic masculinity. Oh, and rabies! :gandalf:

• The 2nd amendment dealt with the need, in colonial times, for a “well-regulated militia” to protect and defend the free state. Not for 21st century would-be cowboys to shoot up shopping malls, churches, theaters or children’s schools.

Oh - and another thought: as reported by today’s Washington Post, “Research has found that mandating smaller magazines would force mass shooters to more frequently pause to reload, allowing people to flee or fight back. Several states have adopted such limits, but gun rights advocates are claiming in court that these laws violate the Second Amendment. The issue is likely to come before the Supreme Court.

• Understatement my friend. It's a dogwhistle cultural divide issue. Not to mention the power of money and lobbyists for the NRA. As the red state motto goes, God, Guns and Babies. This issue is not being resolved anytime soon. Beyond frustrating.

Very few people actually hunt or fish, in comparison to the number of firearms in the country. Just walk in prove your eighteen, pay, leave, shoot.

• It's gotten to a cult like surrealist nightmare. 90% plus shooters in mass killings are male. This behavior is a mental health disease. My roommate coined a term for it, please disseminate freely, the word is MAGAseptis. Part zombie brain rot mixed with conspiracy theory, topped of with a healthy dose of toxic masculinity. Oh, and rabies! :gandalf:

I don’t think it relates to MAGA. Shootings have been going on for a lot longer

America is the only country in the world that allows for gun ownership AFAIK. Correct me if I’m wrong

• Agreed. Mainly norteville has been sliding towards fascism for some time.The great intellectual Walden Bello termed it inverted totalitarianism. I call it magaseptis. Trump is only the symptom. I'm afraid the disease has been around a lot longer. Monroe doctrine ring any bells. We live in an age of private opulence and public squalor. Privatize profits, socialize cost. It's most disconcerting to say the least. :gandalf: People want peace.