Printers are a gift from Beelzebub!

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 102 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• per litre, printer ink is around 20 times more expensive than a litre of Dom Perignon Vintage 2003 Champagne.

Hold the champagne and Buy the ink!!! We saved a 2000 bottle of Dom Perignon until 2016 and it had become so oxidized it wasn’t even fit for Mimosas!

Seriously, you raise such a good point about the printer mafia. I’ve just gotten rid of my last one. Easier on my temper if I just have the odd document printed in a shop.

• New
    • Helpful

I had brought my Samsung laser color printer from Italy, but then I had to pay to have it chipped so that it could work with refilled toner cartridges. It worked for a while, but then it started acting crazy and I gave up. Original toner was too expensive in Argentina.

I bought a brother because I knew they aren't fussy about cartridges, and I switched to b/w.

Whenever I have to print color, I simply go to the nearest shop.

I have considered buying a cheap inkjet printer for the odd color print I may need over the weekend, but the issue with ink printers is that if you don't use them often, the cartridge will run dry anyway. And then the cost of ink...

I have to toner cartridges that I fill up at a shop in Villa Crespo. However, last week's fill was 8000 pesos, whereas on ML there are alternative toners sold for around 6000 pesos.

I also had to change the drum because the prints were full of small spots. In the past, replacing the drum was as cheap as 7-8 USD, but I was asked 30k on Saturday.

I am very happy with my brother because it has been serving me fine for over 7 years now. I can't think of a cheaper solution for someone who prints a lot for their home office as I do.

If anyone is interested, I have a Brother HL1212W which currently costs around 190 USD in Argentina. I think it was 105 USD when I bought it.

HL-1212W_Left

• per litre, printer ink is around 20 times more expensive than a litre of Dom Perignon Vintage 2003 Champagne.

Hold the champagne and Buy the ink!!! We saved a 2000 bottle of Dom Perignon until 2016 and it had become so oxidized it wasn’t even fit for Mimosas!

Seriously, you raise such a good point about the printer mafia. I’ve just gotten rid of my last one. Easier on my temper if I just have the odd document printed in a shop.

Save your sanity!

I would consider it but we already have two lasers.