How Are The Mosquitos?

There are 78 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,147 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Helpful

I didn't have any problems with the little nippers this time last year until I landed in my Olivos apartment about a month from now so March/April 2023 but then they seemed to be able to munch my ankles through my socks whilst having a cheeky after-work drink in Forest Dan. During that time my apartment got sprayed twice and I guess that's normal and I feel that the bites happened mostly when out and about late afternoon, early evening in Olivos and Belgrano.

Do you get bitten a lot? Do you worry about Dengue? What day to day precautions and preventions do you take and in which months?

• Today we drove from CABA to Mar Del Plata and stopped 3 times along the road. It was IMPOSSIBLE to stay outdoor with short trousers/sleeveless shirt. They are in great numbers and bite you even under the hot sun.

Last night I wasn't able to stay on our terrace at night, too many of them. It is usually a very occasional nuisance.

No mosquitos can withstand the strong ocean breeze in mar del plata, thank god!

• Yes they've began to appear more and more since we had the downpours last week. Worse out in the campo but even here in the town the little blighters are out.

One worrying aspect is the rise in mosquito spread equine encephalitis. A lady here has died from it and another chap is in bad shape in Bragado.

• i got bit plenty of times around my body even with deet spray they found a way. Not sure if it was mozzys or normal bug bites though, itchyness went after a week after putting some cream on.

I find the little buggers also bite through light clothing as well. This means when I'm out in the countryside I also have to spray my shirt as well. My wife only buys the green OFF as it works better than the cheaper orange OFF. Trouble is the green one has been impossible to find in the shops this year for some reason.

• I find the little buggers also bite through light clothing as well. This means when I'm out in the countryside I also have to spray my shirt as well. My wife only buys the green OFF as it works better than the cheaper orange OFF. Trouble is the green one has been impossible to find in the shops this year for some reason.

I never got jabs either, as I never get bit. Suppose lucky that it wasnt one that carries the dengue fever.

• When we stopped at a service station in Dolores, a sign said that pets were not welcome inside, but that they could enjoy the outside tables. So I went to the outdoor patio with Serafina, and there was an old couple with a nice hunting dog named Chocolate. The lady was spraying OFF non-stop on herself and her husband - in vain, and waved her hands to keep Chocolate free of mosquitos. It was impossible to stay there so I went back to the car while my hubby went inside to use the toilet.

Serafina carrier's has a thick mesh all around, so she was shed from mosquitos. She has the red one below. The pink one is just to show the sturdy mesh

SturdiBag_Features_Large_large_png.webp?v=1695083881

Large_SturdiBag_Soft_Pink-1_grande_png.webp?v=1695444042

• I would have taken Serafina in anyway. How would they have known?

• Been reported that a 40 year old local chap has died from the Dengue virus. After hearing the news the missus phoned the pharmacy to ask if they had any vaccine. They have so we're being vaccinated tomorrow morning.

I can't keep up with all these vaccinations so haven't a clue if I've had this vaccination before or not.

• I'm not sure I even knew there was a vaccine.

It costs 37000 pesos each and you have get it done twice. I've been reading up about it and it's all rather confusing. One site says over 60 year olds shouldn't get it which counts us out.

I've told the missus to consult one of her doctor friends and let them decide. I see no point in getting it if there's no need.