National Newspaper in Argentina

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 149 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• I had a year's subscription to Clarin which just expired. I signed up as it was cheap as chips. I didn't read it every day but it was there for me as and when I wanted to read something.

Do any of you subscribe to any of the Argentine national press online? Who do you like and/or avoid?

I'm not inviting you to get political though that's a fundamental characteristic aspect of the press anywhere obviously. But from an international/ expat perspective, which do you enjoy the most?

• We are subscribed to La Nación. I first subscribed to the full subscription (digital only) with Club La Nación card (provides discounts in local establishments). Then I was pissed that they didn't honor a discount and unsubscribed. It tool several months to unsubscribe as they magically seemed to lose my unsubscription request... so they kept charging me.

During the pandemics we subscribed again to stay up to date with the news (some articles are paywalled) and, to be honest, it was really cheap. We did the basic subscription that allows full access to the digital contents and no discount card. We are currently paying 4890 ARS per month, which is about 3 GBP.

Clarin is cheaper, but we subscribed to La Nación because I enjoy reading Reymundo Roberts' articles. Right now I have been unable to access Clarín's website for a few months. The page seems to load and then disappears and. I get a message "

Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).

"

• We are subscribed to La Nación. I first subscribed to the full subscription (digital only) with Club La Nación card (provides discounts in local establishments)

We subscribe for the same reasons. Digital access to the news, and the discounts via the club. Though just recently the 20% off 1 day each month at Coto without maximum limits has been removed. Only the 15% MonWed discount now.

• We subscribe for the same reasons. Digital access to the news, and the discounts via the club. Though just recently the 20% off 1 day each month at Coto without maximum limits has been removed. Only the 15% MonWed discount now.

It really depends if you are a recurring customers of one of the affiliated establishments. Some "big names" display a huge discount (20-25%) but when you read the fine print, the actual saving is minimal.

For example, it shows 50% off on Plataforma 10 (bus tickets platform) but when you click on it is just on the service fee.

30% off on YPF, but it is just for a certain kind of oil.

20% off on max 2 trips per month with UBER, then:

Obtené aquí tu cupón de descuento por ser socio de Club LA NACION y accedé al 20% de descuento con un tope de $540 por viaje en la App de Uber. Cargá tu cupón en CUENTA > PAGO > PROMOCIONES - Opción: "Agregá un código promo". Una vez validado en la app, tenes 15 días para usarlo.

This is less than 1 USD per month. Meh! :pinched-fingers2:

It may be worth for the 20% off at Don Julio, though! (although I am ready to bet that it is the same discount they offer if you pay cash...)

For me, trying to find a place that I visited

- on the correct day and time

- for the correct product / service

- close enough that it wouldn't eat up all the saving

proved impossible. Of course, this depends on your habits and the place that you visit regularly.

I hate that they put so many conditions on affiliation cards. My university advertises dozens of discounts for their students, but when you read the fine print they are hardly applicable or in places very far from where we attend classes.

The most ridiculous is a 20% off at the Martinez café on the same block, but when I asked for the discount they said that it applies only if you are served at the table, not to take away (we go there for a coffee in-between classes, so it is always to take away).   :098:  :trollface2: