Dollarisation sooner than we thought?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 275 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Anything's possible I suppose but it's too early to say. We'll see how things are in six month's time. According to the missus the money brabbing supermarkets are getting the wind up em. They're starting to discount more items in order to get rid of stock they've been left with due to the greedy bastards overpricing.

• Splinter

Changed the title of the thread from “Dollarisation sooner than we think?” to “Dollarisation sooner than we thought?”.
  • Anything's possible I suppose but it's too early to say. We'll see how things are in six month's time. According to the missus the money brabbing supermarkets are getting the wind up em. They're starting to discount more items in order to get rid of stock they've been left with due to the greedy bastards overpricing.

Yip , i have seen quite a few things drop in price in the last week.

• I have just read an Italian article on the "brutal repression" by Milei against the protesters outside of Congress. The article specified that the police used tearing gas and that has been spraying the crowd with water mixed with chemicals to disperse the crowd (!). They article also mentions a nurse-doctor tent being mounted nearby to treat the injured protesters. I have not heard about this in the local news (I have not been paying attention).

An AI translation into English is provided below. The original article is behind a paywall here.

• I watched Milei's speech at Davos a week or so ago and I was really quite impressed. He is well-educated, that we knew I suppose, but it shone through. I observed he has an independent mind and some refreshing and unique ways of looking at things. I wish him the best.

• Christian Castillo, diputado del Frente de Izquierda, informó que el abogado Matías Aufieri, asesor del diputado Alejandro Vilca, recibió un balazo de goma en un ojo.

Durante las manifestaciones ha habido fuertes choques con la policía, que aplican un "protocolo de seguridad" que restringe la protesta en espacios públicos.

Los enfrentamientos escalaron y tomaron un giro violento el jueves por la noche.

Policías y gendarmes dispararon balas de goma, gas lacrimógeno y cañones hidrantes para tratar de dispersar las protestas. Varias personas resultaron heridas, entre ellas periodistas y un asesor parlamentario.

La policía de Buenos Aires disparó balas de goma y utilizó gas pimienta contra los manifestantes que se negaron a abandonar sus posiciones frente al Congreso de Argentina. Decenas de miles de personas reunidas allí están en contra del plan de reforma global propuesto por el recién elegido presidente ultraliberal Javier Milei.