55 years ago men landed on the Moon - it's still difficult.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 165 times. The latest Post () was by SpaceNut.

• All those decades ago, Neil Armstrong became the first man to step on the lunar surface and in the years since, just a handful of nations have successfully completed soft landings. They say it's difficult, but how did NASA manage to land me and craft six times in total on the Moon's surface with such limited technology?

They keep saying it's difficult and I understand that, yet one has to wonder why it's taken so long to go back.

Also, and this is not supposed to be conspiratorial, why are there no close up aerial photos of all the landing craft left there by the Apollo Space Program?

Current terrestrial satellites can spot a mouse in a field on Earth, but we have no real close ups of lunar craft, except vague, grainy shots released by NASA.

Why is that so hard and why are all the photos in black and white?

So many questions...

• Did you watch live today the Japanese landing on the moon? It has been announced as successful but from I saw it looks like it landed upside down. Let's see what else is said about it. The last I heard they are claiming "communication problems"

Meanwhile Splinter that is not what you raised a point about I don't think?

Where are you SpaceNut ?

• Did you watch live today the Japanese landing on the moon? It has been announced as successful but from I saw it looks like it landed upside down. Let's see what else is said about it. The last I heard they are claiming "communication problems"

Where are you SpaceNut ?

Yes I did and it appears that the solar panels are not pointing in the right direction. Let's hope they can correct the problem.

Where are you SpaceNut ?

I've been so busy in my private life that I've not taken much notice anything about space related news