I'm new to the forum.
I may be moving to AR late November.
A VA I hired recommended Mendoza or Cordoba and I've been hearing different opinions, so I need to clarify some things and if you can give me other suggestions on where you think I would like to live, that would be great.
Here are my needs:
- I was interested in Mendoza, but I was told it's very hot & dry. Now everyone has a different perspective on what is dry, so to give you mine, if it's anything like Vegas, no thanks. I can't even breath in that city it's so dry & boiling hot.
I don't want very cold in the winter or snow, so the South is out, right?
I start to get uncomfortable when it's past 85 F.
It's not that I want very humid, but I don't want very very dry either. Some moisture, but not dripping wet like in FL.
- I don't want a big noisy polluted city, & BA is probably outside my budget, so that's out. I'm low income, so my budget is around $200-350 USD per month not including utilities & I want to eventually rent a house, but I'll need a short term or Airbnb in the meantime & I prefer the whole place.
- I do want to be around some nature & quiet & clean air or at the very least, have a big backyard with grass that's secluded. Saying that, I am very concerned about the mosquitos. They love me and I'm constantly in pain from them.
- I would like to be able to get to a nearby bigger city within 30 minutes for occasional bigger needs. I won't have a car, so I will have to rely upon public transportation & normally I take an InDrive or Didi back when full of groceries, but I'm not sure they have drivers in the smaller cities, do they?
- I hope there are places and farmer's markets (not grocery stores) with fresh produce and fresh beef, chicken and eggs. One of the two above said there was only one market only early on Saturdays. I thought they would be around more often & I'm not a day person LOL
- I need good solid wired internet for my work. It doesn't have to be more than 50 down, but I do need at least 6 up & for it to be stable, so no satellite, I prefer fiber optic.
- I'm 100% holistic and I know people say Mendoza has organic, but one person said he can't find organic beef. Note: when I say organic, I don't mean certified, I'm talking about a farmer who just naturally grows without chemicals on his veggies & doesn't drug his cows or chickens & feeds them properly.
- I'm a foodie, so until I get settled, I need good home-made mom & pop restaurants that are on the less expensive side.
- I will need a good L shaped desk with custom keyboard trays & an ergonomic office chair which I am concerned is a problem because I need to test out the chair before I buy it. Same with a reclining armchair, and I was told most locals don't buy office chairs and an expat said he couldn't find any reclining armchair with lever. He had to buy online without sitting in it.
I'm only saying this because I assume I'd have to travel far to test these things out & then how much is delivery?
Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.