Hi, I don’t arrive until June 1 but keep thinking about banks. I know I need to wait for my DNI yet my mind is restless on these questions;
1. Is there such a thing as a ‘dollar account’ where I can deposit and withdraw dollars?
2. I have been a Citibank business customer in the USA for 25 years yet no one at Citi can answer any questions about establishing either a personal or a business Citibank account in BA. Wire transfers originated in USA in dollars paid in BA in dollars?
3. If you deposit dollars in a BA bank and withdraw in pesos, do they use standard exchange rate or Blue?
4. I know what arbolistas are and have a connection to a good one through a business contact.
5. If I have a peso bank account, why not use my bank card to make purchases? Instead of carrying a backpack full of 1,000 peso notes? If I exchange dollars for pesos with an arbolista, then deposit pesos, I would no longer be concerned with the exchange rate. Right?
6. If a ‘dollar account’ is available to me, may I also have a peso account, say at a different bank?
7. What about crypto currency? Do banks accept crypto deposits? Will they pay to a crypto wallet?
8. Any value to taking the ferry to Uruguay and establishing a bank account there? Is that possible? Just in case the peso collapses entirely and they lock down the banks?