Tourist visa and border runs clarification....

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 507 times. The latest Post () was by gramps.

    • Helpful

    The answer depends on your nationality and whether or not you are a bona fide tourist

    If your nationality requires you to apply for a visa to enter Argentina as a tourist then depending on that nationality your tourist visa will be valid for 90 or 60 or 30 days. Full stop.

    If your nationality entitles you to visa-free entry as a tourist then you will be allowed to enter as a tourist for up to 90 days which may be renewed for a further 90 days in any year.

    No visa or visa-free tourist entry entitles a person to repeated re-entry as a tourist. Some people ignore this and keep coing back or overstay in the country after arriving but there is always a risk of being refused entry at the time or being told on leaving that they may not return. People who want to stay legitimately in Argentina for an extended period ought to apply for temporary residency or citizenship under the available categories.

    I'd strongly advise you to read the instructions from the Argentine Consulate in whichever country you hold your nationality and your own nationality's Foreign Department advice about travel to Argentina.

  • I am a Canadian dont need a tourist visa but I want to stay more than 180 days a year.

    I travel a lot in Latín América and elsewhere, but I want to make somewhere my home base ( It has been Colombia for 11 years, but they have gotten super greedy and bureaucratic with the visa requirements, esesciallly for people with money).

    Dont want to come in and out and stay more than 180 days that way and risk being rejected at the border permanently or temporarily.

    Prefer to do things legally. Is my only opption to get a Pensionada, Rentista Visa and the like? I heard it costs $2,000 and is non refundle. Is this true? Any other options to stay in the country long term, more than 1 year, preferably 2 to 3 wiith extension to permanent residency?

  • in general I would say that the legisation here is more soft and benevolent to receive alien people.

    perhaps if you need i can connect you with a lawyer of my group of friends who is able to tell you with detalis all the things to do.

    be optimist, all can be arranged in Argentina. specially with acceptable people as Canadians are.