Taxis from Ezeiza?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 427 times. The latest Post () was by bebopalula.

• Living so far away we always have a local one from here prebooked to collect us.

Its been many years since we just needed to take one on from EZE into the centre of BA. Pretty sure we just used a kerbside one.

• I pre book with a local guy.

Uber can be dodgy if the official taxi guys see you...

It's really the only expense the visitor is obliged to pay at the official rate. As soon as they arrive at their destination , find the nearest cueva or WU Office.

• I agree with GlasgowJohn The taxi fare is cheap enough even at the official rate of exchange and it is a one-time expense because once your guest has reached the city they can buy pesos on the Blue market or the WU market to their heart's content. Tienda Leon - as mentioned by serafina or Taxi Ezeiza both have booths at the airport entrance and it is a fixed price pre-payment purchase with no unwelcome surprises.

AIUI the Cabify app is accepted locally but Uber still have no licence to operate in BsAs, still can't receive payments into the Argentine banking system and are still operating outside the law. Apart from the bizarre tendency of BA Uber drivers to refuse to take payment via the Uber app and the requests from those drivers for the passenger to sit up front and pretend to be a friend, I'm not sure that the car, the driver or the passenger can be covered by an insurance policy if the activity they are engaged in is outside the law.