Batakis - the new Argentine economy minister

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,421 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• I don't really understand why she is "leaving":

1) didn't she bend her head as she was supposed to?

2) did she piss the IMF?

3) was this all staged to use a scapegoat for a facelift?

She wasn't received well by either the IMF or the markets and Massa the pancake is seen as a rising star. The markets calmed after that news.

The president of Banco Nacion, where fuggly Butakis the Greek takes over, only heard via whatsapp seconds before going on stage to give a speech.

Video: la sorpresa del presidente del Banco Nación al enterarse que sería reemplazado por Silvina Batakis
    La llegada de Sergio Massa como “superministro” de Economía, Producción y Agricultura, tomó por sorpresa al economista, que fue parte de los movimientos de la…
    www.infobae.com

• I am still very confused by the speed at which things move here. If anybody has seen House of Cards, this seems just like the lobbyists in the US pressure the White House to put friendly faces in the highest positions. However, in House of Card it took time and a lot of strategic moves, pressures, deals, do-ut-des, promises etc. We saw it in the time span of a couple episodes (120') but in real-life Argentina seems to happen faster than that.

One day it seems it is Cristina controlling everything, then it is "the market" --- not clear if the market are lobbyists in Argentina or the US - I have always thought that the lobbyists here were "la gente del campo" but it can't be since they are been beaten up by the government pretty bad with random taxes and tailored exchange rates to milk them as much as possible.

Who really deals the card here?

• I am still very confused by the speed at which things move here. If anybody has seen House of Cards, this seems just like the lobbyists in the US pressure the White House to put friendly faces in the highest positions. However, in House of Card it took time and a lot of strategic moves, pressures, deals, do-ut-des, promises etc. We saw it in the time span of a couple episodes (120') but in real-life Argentina seems to happen faster than that.

One day it seems it is Cristina controlling everything, then it is "the market" --- not clear if the market are lobbyists in Argentina or the US - I have always thought that the lobbyists here were "la gente del campo" but it can't be since they are been beaten up by the government pretty bad with random taxes and tailored exchange rates to milk them as much as possible.

Who really deals the card here?

Massa now belongs to Cristina. She is the one dealing the cards.