Who will be the next economy minister of Argentina?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 873 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Again, CFK has got her way by placing one of her own in the job of economy minister - Silvina Batakis, who no one has ever heard of, but turns out to have been Daniel Scioli's finance minister when he was governor of BsAs.

From what I have read, Alberto finally phoned CFK to ask who she wanted as minister because all the candidates he wanted, turned him down. Either way, she now has one of her own in the most powerful position and she is hell bent on going for the rest, including inland revenue (AFIP) and other ministries.

This entire episode has dangerously weakened Alberto's position and he no longer carries any weight as president. He could well be hanging by a thread, which was her intention all along.

• Unfortunately, she does have some history.

A convinced Kristinista, she will follow CFKs instructions to the letter.

Redrado, Lavagna, and others did not reject the offer. They just asked for certain conditions and a degree of autonomy that Alberto and/or CFK rejected

• Who do they blame for the mess the economy continues to be in, even worsening over the last two years? Are they still levelling this at Macri like Argentina's economic problems began the moment he took office? Pandemic perhaps? Surely they don't blame themselves.

• Redrado, Lavagna, and others did not reject the offer. They just asked for certain conditions and a degree of autonomy that Alberto and/or CFK rejected

Amounts to the same thing really. Impossible conditions (probably) that any non-K functionary couldn't possibly get behind.

Indeed..... 8|

They don't half make a meal of something that's been going on for bloomin' years. :D

It's hardly surprising that 'a meal' is being made of it, whether or not it's been going on for bloomin years. Control of the economy, and ultimately the country is being wrested from the president by CFK.

This is not the end by any means.

• Who do they blame for the mess the economy continues to be in, even worsening over the last two years? Are they still levelling this at Macri like Argentina's economic problems began the moment he took office? Pandemic perhaps? Surely they don't blame themselves.

No govt leader ever blames him/herself. Since people don’t fall for the old “I inherited this mess from my predecessor, the current leaders must continue to stick with that line because they like to fool themselves.

• No govt leader ever blames him/herself. Since people don’t fall for the old “I inherited this mess from my predecessor, the current leaders must continue to stick with that line because they like to fool themselves.

I know you know better than that. In Argentina, members of the leading party are constantly blaming each other. CFK has openly blamed people within the leadership for several years. She actively blamed the president for certain things during the pandemic. Even so, you can bet that once CFK gets rid of Alberto (one way or another) she will be very much blaming him for this situation and presenting herself as the answer to the problems Alberto, and of course the ever-present Macri, have caused.

• I know you know better than that. In Argentina, members of the leading party are constantly blaming each other. CFK has openly blamed people within the leadership for several years. She actively blamed the president for certain things during the pandemic. Even so, you can bet that once CFK gets rid of Alberto (one way or another) she will be very much blaming him for this situation and presenting herself as the answer to the problems Alberto, and of course the ever-present Macri, have caused.

Our saviour!

• Amounts to the same thing really. Impossible conditions (probably) that any non-K functionary couldn't possibly get behind.

It's hardly surprising that 'a meal' is being made of it, whether or not it's been going on for bloomin years. Control of the economy, and ultimately the country is being wrested from the president by CFK.

This is not the end by any means.

I don't take anything here seriously especially politics. No point when there's fuck all you can do about it. ^^