Argentina elections 2023

There are 93 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,166 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• It's about 18 months until the presidential elections but the race has already begun, especially with both the incumbents and opposition being in such a mess. The dark horse is of course Javier Milei to whom the younger generation are flocking in droves. At least 29% of those who voted Macri last time around will vote for Milei, probably as a protest vote. He also represents a kind of Trumpian candidate as he rages against EVERYTHING.

Let me ponder on my forecast...

The appeal of Javier Milei – an autopsy of the right
    Why the outspoken liberal economist is growing at the expense of traditional politicians. Social network populism, hatred towards the state and a not-so…
    www.batimes.com.ar

• What do Milei’s fans like about him? Yes, of course he rages at the current government, but has he put forth any new suggestions for changing the system itself, rather than just shuffling the players?

• My husband is crazy about him and he is the third leg in our relationship. He is going to see him at the book fair today. I can't stand yellers, no matter how correct they are in their argument.

Adri's son is voting for him because he says there's no one else viable.

What do Milei’s fans like about him? Yes, of course he rages at the current government, but has he put forth any new suggestions for changing the system itself, rather than just shuffling the players?

He wants to tear down the entire system and start again from what I can gather. Mind you, with this failed state, it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

• Adri's son is voting for him because he says there's no one else viable.

He wants to tear down the entire system and start again from what I can gather. Mind you, with this failed state, it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Whether it’s not a bad idea depends entirely on his plans for replacing the admittedly horribly corrupt system. Does he have a stated suggestion, or is he relying only upon riding to power on a wave of discontent and anger?

• He seems to be fairly right-wing in his economic viewpoint. Keen on reducing subsidies and getting people to work for any money the government gives them.

Eurnekian likes to control all new political movements to make sure his back is covered in case they were to win an election.

Milei worked for a time at AA2000, the company that manages the concession at almost all of Argentina's airports.

I know a few guys there and when I ask what Milei did there, they tell me he was a "consultant"

Knowing my friend Eurnekian he will be reaching out to all the other parties as well.

• Whether it’s not a bad idea depends entirely on his plans for replacing the admittedly horribly corrupt system. Does he have a stated suggestion, or is he relying only upon riding to power on a wave of discontent and anger?

He has some economical ideas, however he poses as an Economy professor and not as a politician. I don't think he talks to the kind of people he should be talking to. He is angry and everybody is angry with the political situation, but that's not enough to really shift the majority of votes he needs to be elected.

I think he wants to run for the presidency. He won't win. But he will stir up the waters a little bit. However, I am afraid that once in the pit, he will be like anybody else, forming alliances with a side or the other. He has to.

• He has some economical ideas, however he poses as an Economy professor and not as a politician. I don't think he talks to the kind of people he should be talking to. He is angry and everybody is angry with the political situation, but that's not enough to really shift the majority of votes he needs to be elected.

I think he wants to run for the presidency. He won't win. But he will stir up the waters a little bit. However, I am afraid that once in the pit, he will be like anybody else, forming alliances with a side or the other. He has to.

Must admit I always assumed he was some sort of TV personality whenever I saw him on the telly....my wife was watching I never watch Argie TV. I never relised until I saw this thread he was into politics and a candidate for Presidency. I think the bloke's a nutter...then again this country's used to being run by nutcases. :rolleyes: