Tractorazo - thousands of farmers drive tractors to the Casa Rosada

There are 17 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,016 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Today, farmers from all over the country are converging on the city center in protest over export retentions and are demanding that all such retentions are removed.

You'll notice that the farmers are NOT disrupting traffic on a weekday, unlike other protesters that we normally see.

The government has so far replied that there will be no more retention increases, but with a 33% tax on soy beans, it's hardly likely to back down.

• The main reasons for this "tractorazo" are not, as the government likes to say, the retentions. The productive people of this country fears the introduction of a "tax for unexpected incomes", a real menace for the possible improvement in the prices of the agricultural production, This government is hostile to the landowners, but to tell the truth, the unique competitive edge that Argentina has is the agricultural production. And through the retentions the government gets money to give them to the so called "poors", in my point of view a huge bunch of lazy people that disappears when you show them a showel or a hammer. The government likes to be your associate when things are going well, but it does not help when there are bad years, mainly by draughts, floods or other disasters.

The "pobrismo" (the sacralization of the poor people) is now a fashion. I never see this kind of things in the anglosaxon countries. Perhaps this is the reason why we are not yet a developed country

• Perhaps is not well translated. Here they called it "Impuesto por Ganancias inesperadas",

It seems that when you have an exceptional rise of the price of your crop, due to unexpected reasons (i.e. a shortage of corn or soybeans) you have to pay a tax on the difference between the initial price of the projected crop and the current price of the crop when you have this in your warehouse.

Therefore if you are lucky, you deserves punishment. Is the institution of the ENVY, a capital sin which can be defined as the sadness for the alien's fortune. (tristeza del bien ajeno).

Perhaps you are not familiar with this, but this is common now and you will hear and read this in the forthcoming news.

• It seems by now that the manifestation of the farmers heve been very sucessful. The city of BA, reluctant to the K feudal system, helped them with a warm welcome. This is the Gotterdammerung of the K, hopefully.

Gotterdammerung: The fall of the Gods, german name of the famous Wagner opera.

B5QIDHABWREKFGZ2YIWMS2BBHI.jpg

Edited once, last by Carlos: Merged a post created by Carlos into this post. ().

• It seems by now that the manifestation of the farmers heve been very sucessful. The city of BA, reluctant to the K feudal system, helped them with a warm welcome. This is the Gotterdammerung of the K, hopefully.

Gotterdammerung: The fall of the Gods, german name of the famous Wagner opera.

B5QIDHABWREKFGZ2YIWMS2BBHI.jpg

We live in hope, Carlos. But what makes you think the K regime and its acolytes will fall?

• Well, perhaps is a willful thinking but if the main source of income of Argentina (The agricutural production) fails, there will be no money to pay the "Planes trabajar" and a permanent chaos will led to a permanent social unrest. What the government do not recognize is that they are cheating the agricultural producers by a 35 % tax for exports (never seen anywhere) and a dollar of 120 pesos when the real dollar is about 200, plus other taxes. They are killing the golden eggs hen.

The great problem is that we have a 45 % of people who never had a permanent job, never had a good training in some kind of work, and never seen their fathers or grandfathers having a permanent job, specially the young people (mIllenials or younger). And the worst, they never received any good example of work ethics, Also many of them only wish to be deliverers of drug and also consumers of that filthy thing.

And we cannot think in the "Endlosung" outcome.

• I just realized that the best translation of Gotterammerung is Twilight of the Gods, not as I wrote.

And to improve hope, nothing better than "THe planets" of a brilliant English musician that you must know, Gustav Holst.

Jupiter is, in the Greek Mytology, "the bringer of Jollity"

I wish for my country and also for you, expats in my country, the jollity that will come if we get rid of CFK and her gang.

• I Vow To The My Country is very moving and this film of Winston Churchill's funeral always moves me beyond words. Especially the cranes.

• Perhaps is not well translated. Here they called it "Impuesto por Ganancias inesperadas",

It seems that when you have an exceptional rise of the price of your crop, due to unexpected reasons (i.e. a shortage of corn or soybeans) you have to pay a tax on the difference between the initial price of the projected crop and the current price of the crop when you have this in your warehouse.

Therefore if you are lucky, you deserves punishment. Is the institution of the ENVY, a capital sin which can be defined as the sadness for the alien's fortune. (tristeza del bien ajeno).

Perhaps you are not familiar with this, but this is common now and you will hear and read this in the forthcoming news.

I suspect this is the reason. ;)

https://www.sapei.com.ar/websi…ach-us--50-million-a-year.

• I'm flabbergasted!

More drought, more tax burden: State keeps almost 80 out of every 100 pesos generated by the field

The Fundación Agropecuaria para el Desarrollo de Argentina (FADA) released alarming data in the midst of a historic drought: this month, the state keeps 79% of the income generated on average by an agricultural producer of soybeans, corn, sunflower or wheat. In the case of soya, the figure rises to 94%.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• is that tax on income or on profit?

Luz roja en el campo: por cada $100 que genera un productor, ¿cuánto se lleva el Estado?
    En los últimos meses, además, se incrementaron los costos medidos en dólares, lo que resulta en un escenario malo para cualquier actividad exportadora
    www.iprofesional.com

If you open this article in Chrome, right click on a white space and hit translate, you can read it in English.