The president in Russia and China

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,003 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Always doing wrong statements. An example of Horrible diplomacy. See what the puppet Fernadez said about his visit to Russia:

From Infobae today February 3rd, 2022

The president of Argentina, Alberto Fernández, offered his country to Russia on Thursday as a "gateway" to Latin America at the beginning of the meeting in the Kremlin with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin.

“The environment is very favourable. Argentina should be the gateway to Latin America,” said Fernández in the images offered live by Russian public television.

He recalled the excessive dependence of the Argentine economy on the United States and was willing to break that dynamic in favor of relations with other "very important" countries such as Russia.

Before a query from Infobae, a spokesman for the US Embassy in Buenos Aires assured: “The relationship with Argentina is important for the United States. It is a partnership relationship. We have a shared commitment to democracy and human rights. We work together to combat climate change. We are partners in the fight against the COVID pandemic. To this end, we donated 3.5 million vaccines to the people of Argentina in 2021 and have delivered more than $4.6 million in COVID relief supplies since the start of the pandemic. We seek to strengthen our cooperation in areas of mutual interest and benefit.”

Fernández, who expressed "deep gratitude" to Russia for the supply of vaccines "at a time when they were scarce," stressed that his country is sending Sputnik V games to other Latin American countries such as Ecuador, Peru or Paraguay.

“It is a great opportunity. It seems to me that this is the time when we can move forward in other areas. What I perceive is that we have a predisposed society to advance in the agreements”, he stressed.

The Argentine president stressed that Russia is "a highly valued country" for its support of his nation at the beginning of the pandemic on the American continent.

“It was very important how they supported us at first. And the truth is that the results have been extraordinary,” he stressed.

He recalled that he was vaccinated with the two doses of Sputnik V and waited for the booster to the arrival of new Russian vaccines, to which Putin replied: "Me too."

For his part, Putin recalled that Argentina was "the first country in the Western Hemisphere" to register the Russian vaccine, to which he added the first contract for the supply of Sputnik V.

He stressed that, although the visit will be "short", both leaders will have the opportunity to see each other again in Beijing during the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics.

According to the Kremlin, the leaders will address this Thursday "the prospects for the development of the Russian-Argentine strategic partnership in the political, economic-commercial, cultural and humanitarian spheres."

According to the Kremlin, the agenda of the talks also includes issues on the international and regional agenda.

"Argentina supports many of the Russian initiatives that are presented in the Security Council and other UN bodies," said Yuri Ushakov, Putin's adviser.

We in Argentina say that a person who do at every step a wtong thing is a "Pato criollo" (Creole Duck). I cannot tell you why we use this metaphor, for decency reasons. But you could imagine..

• Official Post

Bearing in mind the tensions between NATO, the US and others over Russia's perceived plans to invade Ukraine, the state of Russia's failed democracy, now a dictatorship, not to mention the US backed bailout from the IMF, I can only describe these statements and this visit, not to mention his upcoming visit to China, another dictatorship, as shameful. A stab in the back to those who have helped Argentina get out of this mess.

• Bearing in mind the tensions between NATO, the US and others over Russia's perceived plans to invade Ukraine, the state of Russia's failed democracy, now a dictatorship, not to mention the US backed bailout from the IMF, I can only describe these statements and this visit, not to mention his upcoming visit to China, another dictatorship, as shameful. A stab in the back to those who have helped Argentina get out of this mess.

Fernandez deserves the Nobel prize of NONSENSE.

• As an American, I feel insulted by President Fernandez’ dismissal of the US and its efforts towards Argentina, particularly in light of Covid relief supplies which the US GAVE to Argentina while Russia was SELLING vaccines to Argentina, and, in fact, using Argentina as guinea pigs for the Sputnik-V vaccine (first contract for purchasing it from Russia).

This sentence underlines the current president’s eagerness to prostitute his country to the high bidder: “He recalled the excessive dependence of the Argentine economy on the United States and was willing to break that dynamic in favor of relations with other "very important" countries such as Russia.”

• Official Post

As an American, I feel insulted by President Fernandez’ dismissal of the US and its efforts towards Argentina, particularly in light of Covid relief supplies which the US GAVE to Argentina while Russia was SELLING vaccines to Argentina, and, in fact, using Argentina as guinea pigs for the Sputnik-V vaccine (first contract for purchasing it from Russia).

This sentence underlines the current president’s eagerness to prostitute his country to the high bidder: “He recalled the excessive dependence of the Argentine economy on the United States and was willing to break that dynamic in favor of relations with other "very important" countries such as Russia.”

Nothing like stabbing a friend in the back or biting the hand that feeds you. Shameful, disgusting and embarrassing for Argentina.

• Carlos, having recently had a puppet president ourselves, Americans certainly don’t blame all Argentines for your president. Sadly, he is continuing to drag the whole country down, as puppet presidents always do.

I’ve always been sad that Argentina and the USA haven’t had a better relationship. But this relationship seems to be headed in a worse direction. Perhaps Putin will open his heart and give his new friends trillions of, well, not dollars, but rubles….

• Putin open his heart? See his antecedents. He was a chief of the NKVD and has not changed anything the methods of the old communist rules. But now they returned to show the double headed eagle with St Michael inside. Looks more traditional, but I have no confidence in him.

We know how traditionla power were. They live and let live. But these people will seize all the wealth of the sbjeected countries,

• What are Putin’s plans for Argentina?

What does Fernandez expect to get from Russia?

How should democracies in the West view this new coziness? Is Putin’s interest related to the inroads China made into Argentina back when Cristina wasn’t pretending not to be president?

• I have found it quite telling that he has visited Russia and China in the same week. It shows ultimately where the K's sit and where they want Argentina to be. He looks out of place with the leaders too, like someone who won a prize for a day trip to the Kremlin. Argentina is China's and Russia's pet and a future potential puppet state of either.

• What are Putin’s plans for Argentina?

What does Fernandez expect to get from Russia?

How should democracies in the West view this new coziness? Is Putin’s interest related to the inroads China made into Argentina back when Cristina wasn’t pretending not to be president?

Putin plans for Argentina is giving some money , and asking for much more influence of Russia in South America. And we have the disgrase to be the bringers of those advantages,

as Cuba did with Castro in 1960. Sad role is developing Argentina just now, when Russia and the USA are at odds because of Ukraine,

It reminds me the reluctance to decide about our neutrality in WW II. Brazil decided to join the USA in 1943 and got important support from them, especially by helping to do the Steel Mills of Volta Redonda, We only could have a Steel Mill in 1958, and by this we remain behind Brazil. Undobtely we have a very bad foreign policy with these peronist politicians that are in charge of the diplomacy are so ignorant that they cannot speak other languafe than Spanish. ( I mean the Ministers, not the Diplomstic career staff.

• Official Post

I have found it quite telling that he has visited Russia and China in the same week. It shows ultimately where the K's sit and where they want Argentina to be. He looks out of place with the leaders too, like someone who won a prize for a day trip to the Kremlin. Argentina is China's and Russia's pet and a future potential puppet state of either.

I can't help thinking about the CIA and Che Guevara.

• My memory fails: what all did the Chinese get from Cristina?

Nothing less than the authorization to have a Communication base in the southern Argentina, where no argentines are allowed to enter and inspect what they are doing.

The only concession we ever did for a foreign intervention in our country was to accept the landing and maintenance of your High altltude photographing planes, for the USA, in exchanging to get all the photos they took from our territory. That was in the 1960's.

Remember that one of that planes were hit by an missile in Russia, and Kruschev made a scandal in the United Nations bitting his desk with a shoe. The pilot was recovered and his name was Powers. Seeing from the present days, it looks a very innocent move.