There are 84 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,956 times. The last Post () by GlasgowJohn.

Inflation in Argentina

• When I arrived in 2005 inflation was around 3%, Nestor was in power, the country was recovering well after the 2001 crisis, I had Amazon orders delivered to my door without all the bullshit Nazi import/customs procedures and you could have a meal for two including a bottle of wine for $50.

It all began to go downhill in 2007 when CFK became president and she zeroed in on the farmers and middle classes.

• When I arrived in 2005 inflation was around 3%, Nestor was in power, the country was recovering well after the 2001 crisis, I had Amazon orders delivered to my door without all the bullshit Nazi import/customs procedures and you could have a meal for two including a bottle of wine for $50.

It all began to go downhill in 2007 when CFK became president and she zeroed in on the farmers and middle classes.

Uhm... Néstor: a sudden death or a planned one?

I actually thought he was okay. However it seems the reason inflation was low during his term was because he was 'cooking the books'.

Our memory was that in 2005 we could have a meal for two with wine for $50, but that in 2006 the same meal was $70-75. Remembering wrong? Perhaps the exchange rate was worse in 2006 and accounted for the difference?

Quite soon after Kristina took over, inflation became rampant.

Uhm... Néstor: a sudden death or a planned one?

Quite sudden, as I recall. At the time, there was whispered talk about Maximo….