There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 186 times. The last Post () by Semigoodlooking.

• Official Post

Meat Loaf, who has died aged 74, was a remarkable singer and actor. I never got to see him live, but I'll always remember that my late father in law who only ever listened to classical music, often said that if he had to listen to rock/pop, it would be Meat Loaf.

I never did discover what it was that he wouldn't do in I'd Do Anything For Love (But I wouldn't Do That). A legend.

• Meat Loaf, who has died aged 74, was a remarkable singer and actor. I never got to see him live, but I'll always remember that my late father in law who only ever listened to classical music, often said that if he had to listen to rock/pop, it would be Meat Loaf.

I never did discover what it was that he wouldn't do in I'd Do Anything For Love (But I wouldn't Do That). A legend.

While I moved onto other music, Meat Loaf was a big part of my teenage listening habits.

It explains in the song what he won't do.

Everything he says in the song "never" those are the things he won't do.

Before the chorus he says I'll never stop dreaming, that's another thing he won't do.

When the lady says "sooner or later you'll be screwing around" and he replies "I won't do that".

Turns our there were many things Meat Loaf wouldn't do for love.