Hello, arriving on Weds the 9th of February...

There are 33 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,258 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Bonjour,

Soyez bienvenue, Monsieur Sarran. Nous sommes heureux du bon voyage pour arriver a Obera.

Merci pour votre message bien aimable..

The start of a busy week, working early and late to avoid the heat.

I give classes in technical English on line, so now I am having to get used to classes from 6 am local time.

We had a good week end, despite Shirley recovering from Covid. Habitually I babysit on a

friday evening while Dave and Shirley go out to a restaurant, but this time they just went out for a stroll.

Foodwise I've ticked several boxes...best back of beef, Quilmes, Mendoza red wine, and German potato salad.

Lifewise I've got a celular with a local basic forfeit. I do have an Orange smartphone, but it is too much hassle to

get it unblocked. I am back on the desktop computer with fast internet. When travelling I have a HP stream notebook

which is lightweight and has a long battery life, but it is so much easier with a big screen and keyboard.

I was disappointed to find that there is no public Wifi at Dellepiane.

Even staying in the shade as much as possible, the UV index is very high, so in 1/2 hour bursts I am losing my 'milk bottle' legs... 8)

There is one more week of school holidays, so I hope we will go on a trip, maybe to the cascadas encantadas in the national park about one hour away.

We have been to Iguazu about 3 hours away before, but this part of the national park is much quieter, with a better chance of seeing wildlife.

Class now..

Cordialement,

• Good Morning everybody.

I'm settling in and acclimatizing nicely thank you,

The motorcycle project has moved forward. I had underestimated the difficulty of buying a 0km machine 'off the peg'.

The 1st Motomel agent had used up his allocation of that model until at least March, so following the path of least resistance, I went to the

Honda main dealer, as they have several brands in stock. A Honda machine is way out of my budget, so the choice was between Motomel, Keller, and Zanella.

I have gone for the Zanella ZB basic model, as it is the only one with a USB point that I can use for a GPS.

Helmet and gloves are coming from Mercado Libre.

I have paid the main deposit, and we should sign and complete on Monday. Hopefully I will then have the immatriculation plates for the insurance, and permission to circulate in Obera

So I now ask for your advice concerning insurance. Ideally I want to insure,(I have my French license and an International driving permit), on line for 1 month. All risks.

Does anyone have experience of this please?

Today it is cloudy and hot, but yesterday evening we were on the terrace eating mangoes from the fridge.

I have a class at 1pm.

Cordialement,

• Official Post

I use ATM Seguros although you can check around for quotes.

Seguros para motos, aprovechá nuestros beneficios | ATM Seguros
    Aprovechá nuestras ofertas de seguros de motos. Descubrí nuestros beneficios, entrá para cotizar tu seguro de moto ahora con ATM seguros de forma simple y…
    www.atmseguros.com.ar

• Good Morning,

As I understand things, this is a very low category of machine, the smallest engine at 7 BHP, no alarm, no GPS tracker.

max speed 75 kph.

So the only insurance option with an active button was civil responsibility.

At that price, what more will I need?

The machine will be parked under cover at the back of our house, (which has CCTV).

I am covered for injury by my bank insurance.

So my son and I go to the concessionaire on Monday to sign the Cedula Azul application, with the balance outstanding.

I ordered the helmet and gloves on line from Mercado libre.

Although this is a basic machine, fitted with a carburettor so Euro Pastille 2, it is still less than 1/2 the price for the base model Peugeot (fuel injection Pastille 5), equivalent in France.

I'm looking forward to this, although I'm old enough to know better, I have several small machines at home, including a well-tuned MBK Hard Rock (2002)

Have a nice week-end,

Cordialement

^^

• Hello everybody,

A bit of an update on the Motorcycle project..

We went to the dealer this morning to complete the paperwork and pay the balance.

I just love the bill counting machines..

So I should have an e mail by Friday confirming the 'Patente' or number plate for the insurance.

I might be doing some grocery shopping next week-end!!

We have had some good thundery downpours for the last 2 days with more expected. This is good news for the jerba and tea plants.

I'm all settled in now and we are discussing ways and means for the family (5) to come to France this Summer.

I have been looking at flights and I'm seeing the prices rising back to pre Covid levels.

Cordialement,

^^

• Hello everybody,

Another quick update on the motorcycle project.

My contact at the dealership did all the paperwork during the week, including going

to the Obera administration.

He sent the documents, title and certificate of Zero kilometers by e mail this morning.

The number plate..patente.. has been made and attached.

We have arranged the insurance through the broker used for the car, house, and children. Very convenient

with a 3 month cover .

My hi-tech helmet arrived from Mercado libre.

So, all being well I will go to the dealer tomorrow, and will be riding this long week end.

The whole process took 1 week.

This will be the first time in 50 years that I have bought a brand new machine... 8)

Photos to follow...

Cordialement,

• Watch out for the eejits who ride bikes with no number plates,no insurance all without wearing a helmet. They're a fucking menace. :thumbdown:Where I live the police have seized over a hundred of the bastards bikes during the last few weeks. :thumbup:

• Hello everybody,

Just to let you know I go back home OK.

No, problems, everything on time.

I got lucky with my seat, as I wait until arrival at EZE to get my allocation..

I got row 12 aisle, the best in economy class just behind business class on a Lufthansa 747.

If you book this there is a 50euro surcharge....

Mild and sunny Spring here...

But I had to contend with resetting all the clocks 1hr forward....

Cordialement,