US teenager, Kyle Rittenhouse, cleared of murder

There are 32 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,085 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Splinter ,

My bad. The District Attroney should never of filled charges against Rittenhouse especially in light of the video evidence but did so strictly for political reasons to appease the BLM movement and hopefully prevent new rioting in Kenosha.

Leftyhunter

Not sure what Sandy Hook has to do with Rittenhouse. The video clearly shows Rittenhouse acted in self defense. Yes the US has a loony right which denied the Sandy Hook shooting especially by Alex Jones. One can be against the Looney Right and still aquit Rittenhouse and not be a supporter of Trump and associated causes. No doubt many or most of the jurors on the trial were Democrats as Democrats do well in urban Wisconsin. In recent presidential elections especially the last one Wisconsin votes for the Democratic Party Candidate for president but not always by a huge margin.

Leftyhunter

Sorry but you're just spreading misinformation. and yes, it could just be your opinion, but there's no evidence to suggest which party the jurors supported. Kenosha is pretty much split down the middle politically anyway.

Not seeing how a young man trying to protect private property and killing two ex felons who tried to kill him and wounding a third ex felon trying to do the same is cause for regret.

Leftyhunter

One was an ex felon, not three and they were not trying to kill him, but disable him from killing more people.

• Joseph Rosenbaum & Anthony Huber Criminal Records Explored
    Joseph Rosenbaum & Anthony Huber Criminal Records Explored. We've decided to tell you the criminal records of the men shot in Kenosha shooting.
    www.wisconsinrightnow.com

No I was not mistaken all three men that Rittenhouse shot were not fine upstanding citizens but all were ex felons. Yes I am correct while I can't know how the mirrors voted in past presidential elections Wisconsin is a very divided state so no doubt some of the jurrors we're Democrats. The Jury obviously didn't think that the men Rittenhouse shot were just trying to disarm him they indeed were trying to kill him .

Leftyhunter

• Not seeing how a young man trying to protect private property and killing two ex felons who tried to kill him and wounding a third ex felon trying to do the same is cause for regret.

Leftyhunter

Possibly says more about you than it does him. I lament anybody who takes pride in killing another, for any reason. Also, a lack of regret whether the person "deserved" it or not is also a sign of a mental illness. Regret, fear, sorrow in those situations is absolutley normal. Soliders feel it even in them or us situations.

• These stories crop up every now and then in the US and are reported differently depending on which side of the fence you or the media belong to. I personally don't give a stuff about it as I don't live there.

When I arrived here 20 years ago the missus kept a gun under the bed and it's still there. As a Brit I thought it was all a bit OTT especially as it's not Buenos Aires we reside in. However, if it improves her feeling of safety then so be it. I wouldn't have a clue how to work it to be honest!! ^^

• These stories crop up every now and then in the US and are reported differently depending on which side of the fence you or the media belong to. I personally don't give a stuff about it as I don't live there.

When I arrived here 20 years ago the missus kept a gun under the bed and it's still there. As a Brit I thought it was all a bit OTT especially as it's not Buenos Aires we reside in. However, if it improves her feeling of safety then so be it. I wouldn't have a clue how to work it to be honest!! ^^

Ask the person you want to shoot if they feel lucky, point the gun in the direction you want to shoot, close your eyes, and pull the trigger.

• Official Post

And this was the correct verdict in the Ahmaud Arbery murder case. A modern day lynching is how some described it, but no doubt some contributors here will say he deserved it.

Ahmaud Arbery: Three men guilty of murdering black jogger in US - BBC News
    The white men pursued and shot dead Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia in what some called a modern-day lynching.
    www.bbc.com

• And this was the correct verdict in the Ahmaud Arbery murder case. A modern day lynching is how some described it, but no doubt some contributors here will say he deserved it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-59379518

I don't think it was a case of a lynch mob, it was just pure racism in my honest opinion, although, they were using lame excuses to attack a person

What does one case have to do with the other? Why can't we let the jury do their job they have far more access to information then we do.

Leftyhunter

I don't think they're allowed to have access to the internet, let alone the outside world during the period of their duty as jurors

• Official Post

What does one case have to do with the other? Why can't we let the jury do their job they have far more access to information then we do.

Leftyhunter

They're not related, but both cases were important and will be viewed as such in future. The Arbery case in particular for being in Georgia and having a jury of 11 white people and 1 black.

• You are right, Splinter . Both are important cases. Being from the South, I am so happy that the Arbery jury convicted the racists who hunted down and killed him. Though I am shocked that this jury, like the Rittenhouse jury, wasn’t at least somewhat racially balanced.

I don’t know how much the Rittenhouse jury can really be blamed for his outrageous acquittal, because the legal teams were so mismatched. The prosecutor, paid at a fairly low salary in the town of Kenosha Wisconsin, was up against a legal team that reportedly had big money behind it, with access to a more than 2 million dollar defense fund. And the prosecutor did a terrible job.