River Stadium field completely ruined after a mixup

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by serafina.

• Ouch! They will now need to remove not just the grass but the soil as well. In Argentina, I assume this doesn't mean a lawsuit, as this country isn't litigation-crazy. But it will be a great expense for the poor contractor.

• We lived in the Seattle area for a couple of years in a community that probably went overboard in policing conformity via the Home Owners' Associations. You'd get a nasty note if, among many other possible offenses, your yard was not deemed to be up to expected standards. Personally, I never had any problem but had a neighbor who apparently either got a note or thought he might, due to weeds in his lawn. We never met, so I don't know the circumstances for sure, but he was Asian, probably Chinese or Korean, so I guess that he was a recent arrival and a very inexperienced homeowner. That's because, to deal with that pesky greenery, he brought home a jug of a very good weed killer - Roundup - that is pure herbicide and kills anything green in its path.

The poor guy then proceeded to spray all the weeds in his lawn with Roundup. I assume that his horticultural education took a great leap forward from that experience. Took several months for the white circles in his lawn to green up again.

• he brought home a jug of a very good weed killer - Roundup - that is pure herbicide and kills anything green in its path.

Not just anything green, it is extremely toxic and known for its teratogenic effects.

https://theintercept.com/2016/…ers-of-monsantos-roundup/

Controversy about the safety of the weed killer recently erupted in Argentina, one of the world’s largest exporters of soy.

Last month, an environmental group petitioned Argentina’s Supreme Court, seeking a temporary ban on glyphosate use after an Argentine scientist and local activists reported a high incidence of birth defects and cancers in people living near crop-spraying areas. Scientists there also linked genetic malformations in amphibians to glysophate. In addition, last year in Sweden, a scientific team found that exposure is a risk factor for people developing non-Hodgkin lymphoma.