Is Biden screwing things up?

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,885 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• To disqualify the performance of a man only because he has certain signs of old age is a controversial issue.

I can quote the performance of Sir Winston Churchill, (1874-1965). He was PM until 1955 (81 years old) and MP until 1964. Other example is Giuseppe Verdi, the

famous Italian composer, born in 1813 and died in 1901, who in 1893 (80 years old) was able to compose Falstaff, an outstanding opera.

I see that there is now a glorification of youth, but things sometimes have exceptions.

Joking aside...we all know they're just figureheads. The 'real' decisions are made by others.

• May I ask a question, daniel ? Were you OK with the secret deal the former president made with his Taliban friends, blocking the Afghan leaders from the talks, and agreeing to have all our people out by last May 31?

If not, I understand your anger at all of them. But if you did approve, then why blame Biden for keeping the agreement his predecessor had made, plus 3 months?

Joking aside...we all know they're just figureheads. The 'real' decisions are made by others.

I’m wondering what in the world kind of inside information and political insights you have, that have led you to such a preposterous conclusion? I spend hours every day trying to educate myself on government matters, and I simply can’t agree.

• I think the problem is that they keep voting in very old people to be the potus, who seem to be unstable himself, after all Trump did stumble on a smaller slope

Airplane stairs I have steeper slopes

They should vote someone in around dubya age when he got elected. Clinton was too much of philanderer

• He took the $464,400 grant that was supposed to allow restaurants TO PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES AND KEEP THEM IN WORK, bit the hand that fed him, and probably retired to Florida.

Hypocrite. Gotta admire his chutzpah. Until he folded and admitted the truth.

• Gotta, wanna and gonna are all the rage nowadays! Much like would of and could of.

Yes, definitely my English is still Victorian. I remember my first professor, Miss Scott, in 1952, daughter of a Railway Manager at that time.

Photos of King George VI were everywhere in her house. A beautiful lady, by the way.

• Gotta, wanna and gonna are all the rage nowadays! Much like would of and could of.

:ban:

“Gotta” is slang (and reprehensible. I apologize!).

Chutzpah is a Yiddish word meaning

“the confidence or courage that allows someone to do or say things that may seem shocking to others. In other words, it's having the “gall” or “nerve”.   It is derived from the Hebrew word “ḥuṣpāh,”meaning audacity, cheek, nerve.  

“Would of” and “could of” are merely illiterate misunderstandings of “would have” and “could have.”