Adolf Hitler in Argentina - a story of plagiarism

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,973 times. The latest Post () was by Carlos.

• Official Post

A few years ago we watched Grey Wolf on Netflix, an account of how Hitler escaped to Bariloche and lived there until his death in 1962. Little did I know at the time that all the material in the film (and book) had been plagiarised from Argentine investigator/author, Abel Basti.

Also a few years ago, when a group of four of us were banned from that other place, we started a new forum with one member being Laurence de Mello, an investigative journalist and film maker. She is the author of this fascinating article of fraud and plagiarism and it's well worth reading all the way through.

JAILED MILLIONAIRE FRAUDSTER IN HITLER MOVIE SCAM
    What is the connection between Adolf Hitler and Magnus Peterson who was jailed for fraud for 13 years? The disgraced millionaire, who ran and wrecked the…
    goldeneyepublishingltd.wordpress.com

• Just waded through this lengthy piece, which seems to be equal parts outing the outrageous fraudsters and Ms de Mello’s making the case for her own grievances. I feel very sorry for Abel Basti, who seems to have been callously robbed.

(Given Ms de Mello’s use of the language, I’m curious about her nationality?)

• Official Post

Just waded through this lengthy piece, which seems to be equal parts outing the outrageous fraudsters and Ms de Mello’s making the case for her own grievances. I feel very sorry for Abel Basti, who seems to have been callously robbed.

(Given Ms de Mello’s use of the language, I’m curious about her nationality?)

She's British and yes, she does like to sell herself.

And her step daughter was involved in a case of mistaken identity it seems.

No charges for Briton accused of Buenos Aires raids
    Georgia Wawman afraid to return to UK after tabloid treatment of her mistaken arrest in relation to burglary gangs
    www.theguardian.com

And also

• I just read all this junk.

If anyone likes to sell themselves its you Mark! I remember well the many meetings with ex pats in my drawing room, multiple years ago, where I always supplied the food, wine and entertainment, to a bunch of tight-fisted whining, ex pats and where we were all forced into hearing you read aloud chapters from your book, yes or yes! While I admit I enjoyed some of it, if anyone here is into self promotion, or "selling" oneself it is you. If I remember rightly, I bought more copies of your book than anyone, to help you out!

If you find me a tad irritated, its probably also due to the fact you dared to attach articles as to the corrupt bonarense situation, where they set up an innocent British girl, who had to wrap her baby in a bedcover and cover him with her half-naked body, thinking it would protect him from the guns of corrupt savage argentine police officers pointed at her, is a stinking shame and only reflects what a cheap spirit you are. She was completely innocent!

As to the rest of you, I did the investigation on the money laundering connected to the Weavering scandal, I didnt write the Article posted here to sooth my "grievances"! Get over your bitching selves, you are like a bunch of old ladies!

p.s. after all my kindness to some members of the ex-pat circuit, I do not remember even one of you contacting me in 2016, when that happened to see if we were ok or needed anything!

• I just read all this junk.

If anyone likes to sell themselves its you Mark! I remember well the many meetings with ex pats in my drawing room, multiple years ago, where I always supplied the food, wine and entertainment, to a bunch of tight-fisted whining, ex pats and where we were all forced into hearing you read aloud chapters from your book, yes or yes! While I admit I enjoyed some of it, if anyone here is into self promotion, or "selling" oneself it is you. If I remember rightly, I bought more copies of your book than anyone, to help you out!

If you find me a tad irritated, its probably also due to the fact you dared to attach articles as to the corrupt bonarense situation, where they set up an innocent British girl, who had to wrap her baby in a bedcover and cover him with her half-naked body, thinking it would protect him from the guns of corrupt savage argentine police officers pointed at her, is a stinking shame and only reflects what a cheap spirit you are. She was completely innocent!

As to the rest of you, I did the investigation on the money laundering connected to the Weavering scandal, I didnt write the Article posted here to sooth my "grievances"! Get over your bitching selves, you are like a bunch of old ladies!

p.s. after all my kindness to some members of the ex-pat circuit, I do not remember even one of you contacting me in 2016, when that happened to see if we were ok or needed anything!

Indeed, I do like to sell myself because if I didn't, nobody would know about my books. Surely even you would agree with that modus operandi?

Yes, I remember your generosity very well and I also recall thanking you for it. I also recall that we did bring a bottle or two to the shindig.

Again, yes, I posted the Guardian article about the young lady, but simply as a cross-reference to the Goldeneye article which I am assuming you yourself wrote.

As for contacting you, I have to say that I tried to get in touch with you several times, but after Sam Wyn-Woods went awol, Good Morning BA collapsed into a bitching contest, I simply couldn't raise you at all. In fact, I was told that you had returned to the UK.

Frankly, I always thought you were great fun to be around, particularly since we all seemed to have an anti-establishment outlook on life, having all been banned from BA Expats on the same day and I'm sure that if our paths ever crossed again, I would feel the same way.

It's a shame that you feel it necessary to have a go at me, but I can assure you that the feeling is not mutual, Goldeneye

• Goldeneye , because you still have such bitterness about the tight-fisted, whining expats on whom you had the misfortune to bestow your largesse, I suggest that you direct your grievances directly toward the people with whom you had the misfortune of coming into contact, rather than painting the people in this, a post-party forum, with such an acrimonious broad brush.

I’m personally very sorry now, not to have had the pleasure of making your acquaintance.

• I’d forgotten about this writer. Glad to be reminded. After she attacked the whole forum despite never having met us, I’m disinclined to read the new article, thanks.

I also have been uncomfortable knowing the old argument between this new member and mr Splinter, which seems to be a real gentleman, and nobody can take offense for that.