Argentina vs Brazil world cup qualifier scandal

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,428 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Both teams were four minutes into their world cup qualifier and all of a sudden Brazilian health officials invaded the pitch and stopped the match, citing four Argentine players who play in the English premier League, maintaining that they had lied on their Covid immigration forms.

They were in effect about to be deported from Brazil and/or face criminal charges, but after a lengthy three hour wait at Sao Paolo airport, they were able to fly back to BA, where they remain tightly cocooned in Ezeiza VIP.

Quite rightly, many are asking why this was handled so crudely. The team had travelled from Caracas three days previously, so the Brazilian health/immigration officials had plenty of time to take action at the hotel or wherever.

It's no coincidence that President Bolsanaro's son tweeted a very harsh criticism of the Argentine team and I can't help thinking that that this was a complete set up from the top.

• The 4 players had been approved to play by Conmebol and FIFA.

I said to my son ...this is very strange there is no police there when the health officials came onto the pitch.

There are some comments that one or two of the health officials were armed.

It was a total setup.....the Argie players had been in Brazil for three days and could have been / should have been arrested in their hotel if they had committed a real offence.

Why wait until the match had started?

It was also interesting to see how quickly the referee disappeared - did he know something the rest of us didn't......?

• All this football gang is too tricky. I cannot stay with the argentines, neither the Brazilians. All the same stuff.

Remember Havelange, chief of the FIFA for many years: and to be fair, Grondona, head of the AFA. They deserve being friends of Al Capone.

• All this football gang is too tricky. I cannot stay with the argentines, neither the Brazilians. All the same stuff.

Remember Havelange, chief of the FIFA for many years: and to be fair, Grondona, head of the AFA. They deserve being friends of Al Capone.

Al Capone was a mere boy compared to those two criminals....

• I hear from a mate who knows a mate who knows the tea lady ( or should that be mate?) at the footballers training HQ, they didn't lie, they just didn't answer the question and left the space blank.

The Argies insist they followed the same rules that applied in the Copa America and their isolation bubble was only broken by the unidentified Health Officals who ran on the pitch in Brazil.

• Official Post

I've been rearranging the furniture for Argentina-Brazil tonight (kick off 20.30) in the World Cup qualifier. We don't have cable, only Internet and TV Publica doesn't show it live on YouTube so I've connected my second PC to watch it on their website. With TYC Sports you have to be signed up with Cablevision and others, but the public service is free. That's about the only thing I'm grateful to this government for :facepalm:

• I've been rearranging the furniture for Argentina-Brazil tonight (kick off 20.30) in the World Cup qualifier. We don't have cable, only Internet and TV Publica doesn't show it live on YouTube so I've connected my second PC to watch it on their website. With TYC Sports you have to be signed up with Cablevision and others, but the public service is free. That's about the only thing I'm grateful to this government for :facepalm:

I didn't even know they were playing....no surprise, given I didn't know Scotland had gubbed Denmark until I read it on the BBC website. We have Cablevision so I might just watch it if I remember. :thumbup: