Looking for Freelance Automatic English Captions Editors

• Hello!

We're looking for English native speakers to edit automatically generated English captions and adjust time codes for TV shows.

We're paying $ 0.75 (US dollars) per video minute and the turnaround time is 24 hours. The work will be done in our cloud platform and a short training will be provided.

We pay by Payoneer 30 days after the end of the current month.

If you're interested, please send your CV to laila@animamundi.tv. You will need to complete a proficiency test.

Best,

Laila

• Wonder how long it would take to edit one hour of video?

I don't know, but I do know $0.75 per minute is an awful rate. Say you managed to edit 30 minutes of video in an hour, that would still only be $22.50 for the hour. I guess it would take at least an hour to edit 30 mins because you will be stopping and starting to ensure the edits are correct to the orginal content.

Of course, I am not telling anyone that the rate is bad for them, everybody's economy is different. I am saying that for the market, a professional editor would expect way more than this.

• Did I misunderstand? I thought the job was not editing video, but editing captions? I don’t know what “adjusting time codes” means.

If LailaP wasn’t just doing a drive-by, perhaps she can clarify.

• That was my thinking. Not that I would qualify to do such a thing.....being fae Glesga!!

WhitdaeyoumeanJimmie?

I was an editor and proofer at Collins dictionaries when I was a boy.

At one time the Collins, made in Bishopbriggs(almost Glasgow) was the best Spanish English dictionary. Now the internet is your king.

• WhitdaeyoumeanJimmie?

I was an editor and proofer at Collins dictionaries when I was a boy.

At one time the Collins, made in Bishopbriggs(almost Glasgow) was the best Spanish English dictionary. Now the internet is your king.

My best mate's father worked most of his life at Collins. Is the factory still there?

• Official Post

How To Geek pay $100 per article and they're looking for someone to write about Apple products. I'd apply for this if I were an Apple fan, but I'm not unfortunately.

How-To Geek Is Looking for a Freelance Apple Writer
    Are you an Apple user who lives and breathes iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple accessories? Do you play with the latest iOS, iPadOS, and macOS betas? We’re looking…
    www.howtogeek.com