Anyone for shedding boring, repetitive tasks?

• “As Elon Musk stood in the wings at Tesla Inc.’s AI day, a person dressed in a skintight white suit and black helmet did a jerky robot dance across the stage.

“The Tesla Bot, a prototype of which should be available next year, is designed to eliminate “dangerous, repetitive and boring tasks,” like bending over to pick something up, or go to the store for groceries, Musk said. “Essentially, in the future, physical work will be a choice.”

“Tesla is arguably the world’s biggest robotics company,” Musk said. “Our cars are basically semi-sentient robots on wheels.”

“The bot was the show-stopper of Tesla’s AI Day, during which engineers gave highly technical presentations on the company’s autonomous-driving development work with the goal of recruiting talent to the Palo Alto, California-based company.”

Bloomberg News, 23 August 2021

• I don't mind Elon Musk even though some dislike him. Still, he is stretching it saying Tesla is the biggest robotics company because of its cars. That's marketing speak and he knows it.

I also find it interesting that the company is pushing this much into AI considering Musk is vocal about his concerns for the technology, including the potential for a singulatiry.

• I don't mind Elon Musk even though some dislike him. Still, he is stretching it saying Tesla is the biggest robotics company because of its cars. That's marketing speak and he knows it.

I also find it interesting that the company is pushing this much into AI considering Musk is vocal about his concerns for the technology, including the potential for a singulatiry.

some dislike him? I would have thought that a lot more people would dislike him after he called someone a pedo kind of guy for rescuing kids only because Elon tried to showboat his company with something that was impractical and would’ve wasted a lot of time trying it

• some dislike him? I would have thought that a lot more people would dislike him after he called someone a pedo kind of guy for rescuing kids only because Elon tried to showboat his company with something that was impractical and would’ve wasted a lot of time trying it

Yes, some dislike him. What is controversial about that statement? Unless you have privvy information on every person and now he is universally disliked.