As I assume that many of the members of this forum are just coming from the Northern Hemisphere, perhaps will be useful to remark some curious differences that everyone can discover just seeing it. Members are welcome to add others that surely I miss now.
1. In the Southern Hemisphere , if you are in a country a bit at the south of the tropic of Capricorn (23:27 degrees), all the time you will find the sun at midday in the north. That fact is very important for orientation, as we always could see the sun and deduce that the west is at our left, and the east is at our right. This is of the utmost importance when you ar trekking without any high tech instrument, or a mere compass. The opposite is appliable to the Northern one.
2. It the Southern Hemisphere, if you fill a basin with water and if you withdaw it inmediately , the water will run with a non clockwise sense.
3. In the Southern Hemisphere you can look at the heavens (not in BA, please, where the light of the city erases all stars, and you will see myriads of stars and constellations, much more that in the Northern one, as the main part of the Milky way is seen in the Southern Hemisphere.
4. 90 % of the world pollution is made in the Northern Hemisphere, we only contributes with the remnant 10 %.
5. As mouch more people lives in the Northern Hemisphere, political conflicts are much possible to become wars in that one.
Our soputhern Hemisphere is much more peaceful.
6. We share the same hemisphere with first class countries, like Australia, New Zealand, and secondly, some countries that perhaps cannot be compared with them, but are acceptable as Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Southern Brazil and perhaps South Africa (I do not know exaclty how they are doing now, bit I am sure that is the most developed country in Africa)
As you can see, some advantages and some blunders too.