Argentina employment minister tells his cleaning lady to go to hell.

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Carlos.

• Employment minister Jorge Triaca sent a Whatsapp voice message to his ex-cleaning lady, telling her she was a twat and to fuck off in no uncertain terms. la concha de tu madre was used, I believe.

It also transpires that the ex-cleaning lady had been working informally for him, IE on a cash basis aka, in the black.

When Macri's ministers are supposed to be squeaky clean, this could be an unwanted headache for the president.

Source

• The problem of this man is that he is the son of a well known Trade union leader (for the automobile industry), and Macri appointed him as Ministry of Labour because he supposed

to be accepted by the other trade union leaders, who could trust in a man of the same class.

Macri has been blamed to make a government for the rich, and his collabarators are mainly CEOs of varied corporations.

But you know, when you have not a good education, even if you are in high positions, sooner or later comes what you really are. We said "Mostró la hilacha" (He show its intimate way of being).

To become a gentleman you need at least three generations of care and good manners in your family. This man evidently lacks it.

• If I were Macri, I would inmediately fired him. This would serve an example, for the other ministers as well

And as a President I will explain why.

Sometimes a hard, energetic measure must be taken, and Macri is already perceived as a dove.

• Macri explicitly promised, on various occasions, to demand impeccable standards from his ministers.

This is really a 'put up or shut up' moment.

If Triaca is not fired, quickly, it will quickly become clear that Macri doesn't care, or worse, lacks the power, as Carlos said.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• I think you mean weak, Carlos.

Yes, weak as well. But the best word is pusillanimous, heart weaked.

Macri explicitly promised, on various occasions, to demand impeccable standards from his ministers.

This is really a 'put up or shut up' moment.

If Triaca is not fired, quickly, it will quickly become clear that Macri doesn't care, or worse, lacks the power, as Carlos said.

Good response: the most probable is lack of power. He has no other guy ex-trade unionist to replace Triaca, as all her friends comes from the Newman College, or are CEOs.

• This is one of the big problems facing Argentina if it wants to grow and improve. However clean and legit the guy at the top may be (I am not putting this as a fact), there will be some/many under him who are corrupt, sneaky, or just plain assholes. Argentina is littered with them so it would seem obvious they would filter into any government, however clean it wants to be. Macri has to stamp on these situations forcefully if he wants to maintain credibility.

• One things that shows a difference between Argentina and Chile, especially, is its social mobility.

The episode centered in what the Macri´s Minister, just commented, would be impossible in Chile.

Social mobility is a good thing if you look this fact from the outside: all the people has the right to go up in the social or economic scale; but with one condition: provided that they will adapt with the new responsabilties of their upgraded position. That means have the appropriate behaviour and use of language, and share a common social culture.

In this country, sadly, normally the newcomers to a better position tries to challenge and transgress the God given order of things, and they think that they can continue to behave and maintain their wicked approach to others. And normally in this country the sudden upgrading of people, (at least in their wealth) is always suspectful, unlike as it is in other countries.

Examples of this kind are numerous: Cristina, Maradona, Scioli,..and this Macri´s minister.

I beg the pardon to all the forum participants if they consider my comment as too conservative.

But indeed, I am.