Argentina weather

There are 1,518 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 132,925 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Official Post

While I am also full of heavy coats never worn here (except once in Calafate, and sweat profusely because it was sunny and the sun is very hot, regardless), and heavy-knitted sweaters, I have also became very sensitive to the cold since moving here. I am often covered a lot more than the locals. For example, I can see people going out in flipflops, shorts and t-shirt in the morning to run errands (I suppose to buy medialunas or cigarettes), while I am wearing long socks, wife-beater and padded shoes.

• Funny, it seems the opposite for us. For example, as long as we know that warm weather is coming, we are already in light clothing. Everyone around us is wearing a ski jacket with a big wooly scarf. (Except people under 25 years old, who are wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops. Kids don’t feel the cold.)

• We had a few big ones during the night. Thankfully short lived as the raindrops on the tin roof sounded as if each one would fill a cup.

This morning it's overcast, the wind has died down and it's much cooler. I'm knackered as I had a rotten sleep.

• We had a few big ones during the night. Thankfully short lived as the raindrops on the tin roof sounded as if each one would fill a cup.

This morning it's overcast, the wind has died down and it's much cooler. I'm knackered as I had a rotten sleep.

A gentle rain on a tin roof is divine. But it sounds as if you catch the full force of nature out there, UK Man .

• Official Post

After a couple of days of lively thunderstorms, another weather warning has been issued for even more severe thunderstorms after midnight and into Saturday, affecting the north of BsAs particularly.

Some of these weather warnings can overdo it at times with the usual flowery, Armageddon language, which is typical of Spanish, but it's best not to ignore them. I usually unplug sensitive equipment just in case.

This is the chart for 0600 tomorrow, clearly showing an area of low pressure to the north/north west (B), being the culprit.

And this is the pattern of weather-flow.

RvVRsSA.gif

Sources:

https://www.meteored.com.ar/modelos/

http://met-ba.blogspot.com

An intense polar trough (low pressure system) in interaction with a wet and unstable mass of air, added to high winds, will cause new storms in the central area of the country, it is expected that from about midnight they will begin to generalize storms in the region, of which some can be locally strong and even severe, with heavy rains, great electrical activity, gusts of wind and hail, in super cells (storms with rotation) that manage to develop in isolation, hail It can be medium and the gusts of wind around 80/100 km / h, the picture indicates that we have one storm after another especially between dawn and Saturday morning, then there will be temporary improvements but unlike today and yesterday it will remain more cloudy and windy as the front is going to park over our area, once said front ends swinging towards the coast and Uruguay ending on Saturday will definitely improve Ament the weather conditions.

The image shows how the 3 main models leave us within the area of greatest activation, the European leaves us slightly further south, while the American slightly further north and the British is the most aggressive for CABA and surroundings leaving us in the most active area (but seeing the current position of the front it seems that the last two models are seeing the situation better, therefore we would be in the area of greater generation).

We are under official alert for strong storms.

Spanish:

Una intensa vaguada polar (sistema de baja presión) en interacción con una masa de aire húmeda e inestable, sumado a fuertes vientos en altura, va a provocar nuevas tormentas en la zona central del país, se espera que desde cerca de la medianoche se empiecen a generalizar tormentas en la región, de las cuales algunas pueden ser localmente fuertes e incluso severas, con intensas lluvias, gran actividad eléctrica, ráfagas de viento y granizo, en las supercelulas (tormentas con rotación) que logren desarrollarse de forma aislada, el granizo puede ser mediano y las ráfagas de viento rondar los 80/100 km/h, el panorama indica que tenemos una tormenta tras otra especialmente entre la madrugada y mañana del sábado, luego habrá mejoras temporarias pero a diferencia de hoy y ayer se mantendrá mas nublado y ventoso ya que el frente se va a estacionar sobre nuestra zona, una vez que dicho frente termine de oscilar hacia el litoral y Uruguay finalizando el sábado mejoraran definitivamente las condiciones de tiempo.

En la imagen se observa como los 3 principales modelos nos dejan dentro de la zona de mayor activación, el europeo nos deja ligeramente mas al sur, mientras que el americano ligeramente mas al norte y el británico es el mas agresivo para CABA y alrededores dejándonos en la zona mas activa.(pero viendo la actual posición del frente parece que los dos últimos modelos están viendo mejor la situación, por ende estaríamos en la zona de mayor generación).

Estamos bajo alerta oficial por tormentas fuertes.

• At 2am this morning we were wakened by one hell of a storm. The rain wasn't the problem it was the wind...sounded like en express train. I thought it was a tornado but thankfully there was no reports of any damage in the town.

• If anything the rain got heavier after my last post. Thankfully it's now stopped although there's a hell of a lot of standing water in the garden. A couple of drips in the dining room which will have to be investigated so a trip on to the roof is on the cards. :thumbdown:

Still cloudy so it may not all be over yet.

• 95mm now showing on the rain gauge. 8|

Soon as I think it's going to brighten up it gets dark again. No more rain apart from the odd heavy drop. At least the dry spells give me the chance to let the dogs out. Thank God we don't have carpets.