Argentina is as safe as Canada and Finland, State Dept. Travel advisory says

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,365 times. The latest Post () was by ben.

• Official Post

Under the new guidelines, the State Department divides countries in four categories, depending on the risks they present to foreign visitors. Level 1 is “Exercise normal precautions;” Level 2 is “Exercise increased caution;” Level 3 is “Reconsider travel” and Level 4 is “Do not travel.”

And — surprise — Mexico is placed in Level 2, in the same category as other big U.S. travel destinations such as France, Spain, the U.K, Germany, Belgium, and Denmark.

Among the lucky countries in Level 1, the safest category, are Argentina, Canada, Chile, Finland and Japan.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/new…402394.html#storylink=cpy

• to Mr Splinter: Norway must be one of the safiest places in the world.

As regards Rice, her post is flattering for me, but I think we are in level 2.

These guys of the Miami Herald I do not have trust. One day will say one thing, the other the contrary.

• Very good news. Together with the improved exchange rate, this should give tourism a boost. Also somewhat reassuring to all of us is this suggestion that Argentina really isn't a shithole country!

Correct, here the shit doesn't bother to go into holes.

Technically, this is a shitstreet country.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• Official Post

Personal safety was never something I worried about when I lived back home in the UK, but it is something I take notice of here.

That's my measure, for what it's worth.

Same here.

Last year I went to attend a wedding in Italy, with my university classmates and their wives and kids. We were about 20 people.

An Italian football team was playing an important match and the guys did not want to miss it (...). We were in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, among the hills and ancient towns. Our B&B just had small CRT TVs, the biggest one was less than 21".

I told the group 'We could look for for a bar where to go watch the match on a bigger screen while we have dinner at the same time. A friend's wife later dismissed the proposal 'If we can watch it here (at the B&B) there would be no risk of running into a bar where God-knows what we might find...'

I was laughing (just inside, at her and at her remark).

• I seems as the qualification of the US Department of State as Level 1 (the least dangerous) is right.

I went into de webpage and I found it. We are as sure as Finland!

But in the particular warnings, (there is an item per country) it says the same problems we already commented. Not to go to La Boca, be aware of "motochorros", do not leave your personal belongings in the back of a chair, and so forth. That is pure truth.

Also they prevent about driving. They say that we are aggressive. Yes, that is right. But I would like to see how they judge the traffic in Brazil, Colombia and Panama. I was told by an alien that we were Switzerland in comparison of them.

• No dotard criticism of our Supreme Shithole will be tolerated!

Please!! Stay up to date! The new phrase to describe the shithole comment is now simply "tough language." Even Little Rocket Man is undoubtedly updating his lexicon. Perhaps we will be reading scholarly discussions about this expression as well?

Naaaah. Not as much fun!

• Well, we've upgraded our definitions of locker-room talk, tough language, alternative facts, surely more to come!

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com