Trump UK visit cancelled

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Splinter.

• Apparently the Tweeter in chief cancelled the visit for next month because he was unhappy about Obama's alleged decision to sell the American embassy in Mayfair, London for what he calls a pittance.

I expect Teresa may is breathing a sigh of relief as this lets her firmly off the hook.

....and now he's calling certain, or possibly all African states as shit-holes. You couldn't make this stuff up, as I have said hundreds of times since was inaugurated and before and before that. insert C-word right here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42657954

• Apparently the Tweeter in chief cancelled

Love it! ^^

We will have election in Italy at the beginning of March. One extreme right leader, a secessionist, racist and xenofobe is a Trump supporter (of course) and also praised Kim Jong (before Trump was in office). He plans to make the abolition of vaccination obligation one of his campaign strengths.

Oh, and Berlusconi will be back! I think it is time that the US and Italy will be the most ridiculous politician-governed people at the same time.

• Oh dear. If he comes back, there's a chance CFK will too. Shudders...

Actually he cannot be elected under Italian laws, because he was condemned for severe crimes (although he was never arrested, as far as I recall). But it looks like he is trying desperately to find a way to make a come back. I did not dig into the matter, but it looks like Strasbourg is involved... He'd like to swap place with another Party/Parliament Member, but what he is trying to do is to get a seat in the government though he cannot seat in Parliament... I believe he is looking for a loophole based on the law's wording.

Is this politics or entertainment? Looks like House of Cards will not be missed in 2018, after all!

Source: http://www.quotidiano.net/politica/elezioni-2018-1.3657987

• Apparently the Tweeter in chief cancelled the visit for next month because he was unhappy about Obama's alleged decision to sell the American embassy in Mayfair, London for what he calls a pittance.

I expect Teresa may is breathing a sigh of relief as this lets her firmly off the hook.

....and now he's calling certain, or possibly all African states as shit-holes. You couldn't make this stuff up, as I have said hundreds of times since was inaugurated and before and before that. insert C-word right here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42657954

With his tweet, the clueless current occupant of the People's House has both demonstrated his ignorance of recent presidential history and underscored the blatant racism of yesterday's denigration of African countries, El Salvador, and Haiti.

For their part, the Royal Family must also be vastly relieved to be able to avoid the diplomatic gymnastics that would have been required in order to avoid acknowledging this person without appearing to turn their backs on the USA.

The decision to cancel the trip makes me think of the old retort "You can't fire me -- I quit!"