Fast food delivery

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,816 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• I’m wondering to which countries’ beef you each are unfavorably comparing Argentina’s?

I do like making and eating asado however my favourite meat to BBQ is a whole pork rib or chicken as it always pleases whereas beef has let me down too many times. Best of all the pork rib leftovers still taste every bit as good eaten cold the next day. I've sweated over far too many BBQ's here grilling beef only to be left disappointed. Not worth the hassle.

British beef is every bit as good if not better overall than what you get here in my opinion.

• Official Post

I agree about beef here because it's a bit of a lottery for when you get a decent cut. In fact, out of the last ten bife de chorizo meals we've cooked recently, only one was up to par. All the rest were as tough as old boots.

And I agree on the asado selection, except lomo (fillet) which is difficult to screw up. I always go for pork, especially solomillo de cerdo (fillet or pork tenderloin) and usually thrown on some chicken breasts for making Ceasar salad the following day and to not waste all those red hot embers.

• Grilled chicken is a great next-day byproduct of an asado for those who aren’t purists. I remember once mentioning chicken for an asado and getting cold stares in return.

It’s great in a Caesar salad, or chopped/ground up and mixed with Mayo, chopped celery, and sweet pickle relish for sandwiches or a dip.

• Doesn't anyone know how to cook these days? I've mainly cooked during lockdown, something that I've never done. Yes, I have ordered, but like I said, I don't order online. Especially after my experiences with a big company beginning with A

• Doesn't anyone know how to cook these days? I've mainly cooked during lockdown, something that I've never done. Yes, I have ordered, but like I said, I don't order online. Especially after my experiences with a big company beginning with A

Although my wife can cook I'd say I do most of the cooking. I can't be that bad at it as she's perfectly happy to let me get on with it. Apart from a couple of things most carry out food available here isn't great.....to be honest it's fucking boring. To be fair most of it isn't to my taste.

• Although my wife can cook I'd say I do most of the cooking. I can't be that bad at it as she's perfectly happy to let me get on with it. Apart from a couple of things most carry out food available here isn't great.....to be honest it's fucking boring. To be fair most of it isn't to my taste.

As for takeaways, they are better than my cooking, maybe its because I tend to miss the salt when cooking, but considering that most foods already contain salt, do I really need to add it again?

The only takeaway I can't stand anymore is Maccies. I guess that kind of hits everyone once they start cooking healthy foods

Apps like Rappi are increasingly not just about take out/fast food. You can find full restaruants, but also supermarkets, meat shops, vegetable shops, bakeries, etc. Essentially the shops you would find on a busy commercial street in Buenos Aires. It means I can avoid going to many of these places and rubbing shoulders with the rabble.

As for cooking, I hate it and am so-so. Completely overrated past-time... although I would say that considering I hate it. Still, needs must and sometimes I will waste minutes/hours of my life rustling something up. One of my big achievements in my marriage has been convincing my wife cooking is a drain of time and energy. Not once do I expect her to cook for me. Her family are aghast because somehow in Argentina a wife in her 40s is still expected to be home-maker first, anything else second or not at all.

• Both the tacos & crispy chicken and that salmon sound fabulous. BsAs has such a tradition of food deliveries that I’d think the transitions into and out of lockdown might have been easier than in other cities around the world. And small towns in Argentina have more deliveries than small towns in the US, for example. I don’t know about small towns in Europe or the UK.

We live in small town Argentina and the availability of fast food overall is very limited and what you do get is often overpriced and of inferior quality. The capital is obviously different.

As for cooking...I like to cook which is just as well if I want to eat what I like. Last night I had black pudding and cheesy scrambled egg made with real British cheddar. :thumbup:

• Official Post

We live in small town Argentina and the availability of fast food overall is very limited and what you do get is often overpriced and of inferior quality. The capital is obviously different.

As for cooking...I like to cook which is just as well if I want to eat what I like. Last night I had black pudding and cheesy scrambled egg made with real British cheddar. :thumbup:

Real British Cheddar?

Do tell...

• Apps like Rappi are increasingly not just about take out/fast food. You can find full restaruants, but also supermarkets, meat shops, vegetable shops, bakeries, etc. Essentially the shops you would find on a busy commercial street in Buenos Aires. It means I can avoid going to many of these places and rubbing shoulders with the rabble.

As for cooking, I hate it and am so-so. Completely overrated past-time... although I would say that considering I hate it. Still, needs must and sometimes I will waste minutes/hours of my life rustling something up. One of my big achievements in my marriage has been convincing my wife cooking is a drain of time and energy. Not once do I expect her to cook for me. Her family are aghast because somehow in Argentina a wife in her 40s is still expected to be home-maker first, anything else second or not at all.

I love cooking as a pastime, the smell of freshly cooked food, yummy

Maybe you're nuking your food too much