Potential Expat

• I spent 5 weeks living in Mendoza attending Spanish classes long time ago. I really like Argentina for many reasons. I almost moved there, but the situation in the US is getting crazy enough, I may actually do it now.

I'm a retired engineer with a couple of dogs. The dogs are a main reason I would stay. Life as a dog in Argentina is really different.

Can anyone share experience with dog relocation? Apartments?

• Hello, Hydrino .

We don’t have dogs, though I’ll ask around to see if I can get you some information. You asked about apartments but didn’t mention whether you would be looking in Mendoza again, or somewhere else?

• Two Pit Bulls.

I'm not sure where I want to live. My immediate plan (subject to change) is to stay a while in BA, then travel to different places, leaving the dogs in the US. I think I'd prefer coastal communities. I want to attend Spanish language school.

• Official Post

Two Pit Bulls.

I'm not sure where I want to live. My immediate plan (subject to change) is to stay a while in BA, then travel to different places, leaving the dogs in the US. I think I'd prefer coastal communities. I want to attend Spanish language school.

It's a good idea stay here for a while and see if you're going to like it before making the big move. Unless of course you've already done that?

• Dogs seem to have a better life here than us humans. Vets and pet stores can be found everywhere. We have 11 dogs 1 cat and a tortoise!! Plus we regularly feed two or three 'street' dogs.

As for bringing them in or out it's best to do some online research especially that of the airline you plan to fly with. They'll have info regarding vaccinations and quarantine restrictions.

• Yes, I well remember the dogs in Argentina. They are very much loved and respected. I can recall sitting in a Mendoza restaurant and a dog walking in off the street and wandering from table to table, not begging particularly, just being sociable. The key is to avoid eye contact, and the few times I forgot that, I really regretted it.