Californian judge overrules assault weapons ban

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,481 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• The UK doesn't have gun problems.

More accurately, it does have a gun problem because I think any gun on the street accessible by the public is a problem. However, what we see as "gun problems" means the UK is a very long way down the list of countries that need to worry about guns. Like below the U.S., but also all of Latin America, just about every country on Africa, plenty in Asia, and some in Europe.

• The UK doesn't have gun problems.

More accurately, it does have a gun problem because I think any gun on the street accessible by the public is a problem. However, what we see as "gun problems" means the UK is a very long way down the list of countries that need to worry about guns. Like below the U.S., but also all of Latin America, just about every country on Africa, plenty in Asia, and some in Europe.

There are still available, but not widely known. Its mainly the drug dealers and other criminals

• As long as their problems stay in the US I couldn't care less what goes on there.

I’m sorry to hear you say that, UK Man . Do you feel that way because of antipathy for the US or a more general “not my problem” lack of empathy for those who needlessly die in other countries?

If US citizens felt similarly unmoved by problems other countries were having to deal with, vaccine assistance wouldn’t be on its way to countries whose own governments haven’t taken adequate steps to protect their own people. Do any come to mind?

• I’m sorry to hear you say that, UK Man . Do you feel that way because of antipathy for the US or a more general “not my problem” lack of empathy for those who needlessly die in other countries?

If US citizens felt similarly unmoved by problems other countries were having to deal with, vaccine assistance wouldn’t be on its way to countries whose own governments haven’t taken adequate steps to protect their own people. Do any come to mind?

The gun debate in the US just goes on and on....startedvbefore we were all born. It's the same old boring story I'm afraid.

• The gun debate in the US just goes on and on....startedvbefore we were all born. It's the same old boring story I'm afraid.

As is the story of Argentina’s government not caring about or for its own people. Should the rest of the world shrug and not give a damn about the people who are dying in Argentina?

To be bored by having to hear about people gunned down seems sadly callous.

• As is the story of Argentina’s government not caring about or for its own people. Should the rest of the world shrug and not give a damn about the people who are dying in Argentina?

To be bored by having to hear about people gunned down seems sadly callous.

You're taking my comment far too seriously Rice. I simply don't have time or the desire to worry about what goes on in the US....especially gun crime. Why it should get posted here is beyond me.

• You're taking my comment far too seriously Rice. I simply don't have time or the desire to worry about what goes on in the US....especially gun crime. Why it should get posted here is beyond me.

I’m glad you’re clarifying, UK Man . Not worrying about gun crime (for what good would that do?) is far different from being bored by it.

I suppose the topic of US gun crime isn’t a further reach than cats, gaming, Scotland’s umteenth try at independence, Brexit, trump’s dementia, or KitKats: all areas of interest to some but not all of us. If we aren’t interested, we move on to another thread.