Gender identity now part of Argentine driving test

• I'm hoping this is a joke, but fear it may not be.

In order to get your new driving license you will need to complete a course on masculinity, patriarchy and gender identity, as if any of that horseshit has anything to do with handling heavy machinery.

There is also some handy big-brother style advice on how you should and should not address people in order not to upset their own gender identity issues.

https://autoblog.com.ar/2021/0…wjNNgAR3RNKFHz32m5-VU1Mfk

• It seems to me that they are trying to address the issue of femicide with the usual intellectual politically-correct methods, instead of strongly punishing and addressing stalking, violence, abuse and murder.

This reminds me the episode in Mataderos of the other day, where they killed in the street a cow and dismembered it like savages. The accusation for them is 'violence against animal". Actually, they should wonder who was the animal...

• Taking this slightly off topic. Non-male gendered people and animal-kin of this forum (and indeed men-folk), what is your take on the femicide situation here? The debate on this subject on the other forum sways towards "no crisis" but it smacks of insecure males who somehow think they are being accused of abuse by proxy.

What's the real story here, a serious issue or a media talking point about a problem that doesn't really exist?

• I swear, in a hundred years time, I think humanity will look back on itself to think that actually people thought they were ok doing this kind of stunt on others And that they will probably will be embarrassed that their lineage of family went along with this

• I think they DO have an issue with femicide in this country, but I don't know why. But I also see a lot of teen mothers, mothers with kids from multiple partners, grandparents raising those kids, kids being taken from families, and a very easy tendency to co-live (perhaps due to the difficult economy) which prompts troublesome relationship to escalate into violence and murder.

The propension for drama also doesn't help, but I think in most instance is violence and ignorance. Some people simply have nothing to lose and will pursue any relationship or adventure that life throws at them!

• Were the killers desperately poor? I’m not looking to excuse, but trying to understand what in the world would drive humans to be so inhumane.

Most of the time, they are. But who isn't poor in Argentina?

Our definition of poor ranges from tight with money to lives in the villa, so that encompasses the greeater part of Argentinians.

• Taking this slightly off topic. Non-male gendered people and animal-kin of this forum (and indeed men-folk), what is your take on the femicide situation here? The debate on this subject on the other forum sways towards "no crisis" but it smacks of insecure males who somehow think they are being accused of abuse by proxy.

What's the real story here, a serious issue or a media talking point about a problem that doesn't really exist?

Femicide has long been a problem here, but then so has infanticide, homicide, policemen being murdered and a host of other kinds of killings. We're only reading about it now because the media wants us to believe that men are on a femicide rampage because it suits the current trend.

On the other hand, Nahir Galarza is currently serving a life sentence for killing her boyfriend.

Here's a useful site on worldwide homicide rates which shows Argentina well below the average. But then I'm sure the PC/gender police would object to the term 'homicide' as being patronising to women erm, sorry, female gender.

https://ourworldindata.org/homicides