How to attract more traffic to the forum?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,040 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Official Post

Been wondering why the other expats forum attracts much more traffic than argentinaexpats...any ideas? Is the other one as I suspect full of fake members? I can't think of any other reason.

That's a very good question UK Man .

Or, to put it another way, how do other expat forums attract more visitors?

This forum's biggest pluses (over the other place) are no censorship, posts aren't moderated and PMs aren't read by admin.

• Longevity must play a part. That forum has been around a while.

If you are an expat here and you find that forum, you will see many members and that it is relatively active. Most people start on that forum with a question about living in Argentina and then they just stick around. It makes sense to ask your question on a forum that seems more active. Maybe a sticky or wiki thread here explaining the ins and outs of life in Argentina covering some common questions may give people who visit more reason to stay. Of course, this would depend on whether the general traffic shows people come and go.

• Igorlandia has been around for so long that most of us have seen several complete turnovers in active members. They do have a large base, and most people who post a POV like to have a big audience and maximum feedback. Also, the large numbers mean that plenty of other people will start threads, leaving it easy to simply respond rather than the heavier lifting of originating topics.

Semigoodlooking , I’ve been surprised that people Over There who don’t like either the admin’s heavy-handedness or the members’ tendency to go for the throats of other members, still don’t jump camp and help build a more positive alternative.

UK Man , maybe if we put our heads together and think of how to both attract new members and inspire more regular posting by current members, we can move to another level?