baexpats.org a con?

• One thing to consider is that, as much as we all can criticize our own countries or our mothers, we really aren’t neutral about outsiders’ saying anything critical about either of them.

But sometimes we are polite and pretend not to mind.

(I’m speaking only to the question of Argentines’ not objecting to negative comments about their country. An expats forum is a completely different kettle of fish, of course.)

• One thing to consider is that, as much as we all can criticize our own countries or our mothers, we really aren’t neutral about outsiders’ saying anything critical about either of them.

But sometimes we are polite and pretend not to mind.

(I’m speaking only to the question of Argentines’ not objecting to negative comments about their country. An expats forum is a completely different kettle of fish, of course.)

Well of course. In real life I tend not to make negative comments anyway when amongst Argentine friends. They on the other hand are forever complaining. ^^ Plus it's not really a good idea for born and bred locals to inhabit a forum for Expats who like to express an opinion on how the country is run. I suspect that's part of the problem.

They could have flagged your IP address, which is why it loads in a private window.

All a bit over the top really.

• Have you tried a different browser and/or device. You are still "registered" there but I am not sure they display if someone is banned.

I wonder if they know you also post here so are blocking you purely out of spite. Either way, childish feckers.

• Have you tried a different browser and/or device. You are still "registered" there but I am not sure they display if someone is banned.

I wonder if they know you also post here so are blocking you purely out of spite. Either way, childish feckers.

Your suggestion worked. :thumbup: I was able to log on using Chrome and so far so good, all seems to be working. Strange thing is it won't let me see my posting history or allow access into my message box.

• Igor should be pleased that you’re willing to try so hard to get back in.

Who is he? An Argentine or a fake Russian?

You must be pleased that you don't get that kind of authoritarian behaviour in this forum UK Man .

We just don't do that kind of Soviet stuff here.

Well indeed. Especially now that I'm sure that site is about as genuine as a $3 bill.