Cheap & Chic cottage garden house in Areco with lot of charm

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,940 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Be aware that this place is about 150 kms out of Buenos Aires. Is not an outskirt like what we called the "conurbano". Nothing to do with what we see out of Avenida General Paz.

I have a friend that has a vacation home in General Rivas, a small town along Suipacha, Route 5, near Luján, who had never had a problem with the bruglars or thieves. People seems to be honest and quiet.

The "lumpenproletariat" is close to BA. Not inside the far away countryside.

• Official Post

Even here in Mar del Plata, in Tandil, in Miramar and in Sierra de los Padres I have heard about the 'far west' of the countryside. I am speaking about people living the countryside of these towns, not about the suburbs.

Also in Puerto Madryn (downtown) in vacation home (second home to some, who arrived there to find their property completely robbed).

• People who have put up with the noise and chaos of city life often flee to the tranquility of the countryside, despite a certain lack of security due to their isolation. This woman seems to embrace the seclusion and quiet of her surroundings, and she may or may not have built an electrified, razor wire topped fence around the perimeter.

Isn't it odd that in cities, we harbor a sense of safety from living in close proximity with so many strangers, while feeling vulnerable when alone in the countryside? Absence of law enforcement in the countryside? Do the police ever solve or even pursue crimes committed in the city?