Netflix 'Try again later'

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,696 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• Official Post

Since the holidays, we have been experiencing this error message on Netflix 'Couldn't load this content. Try again later', but only with the Apple TV 3gen. We have resolved by connecting the computer to the TV, and watching Netflix from browser. I thought it was because it is peak season, but the issue still remains.

Have you also experienced it?

• Official Post

So, it is a Netflix issue! I have never had the same issue with the Amazon Fire stick we bought a few months ago, but admittedly, we don't use it as often as the Apple TV. We also switched location of both devices because we initially thought that it was a poor connection issue (the Apple TV was farther from the router than the Fire stick), but of course nothing changed.

I will try to reboot the device. I usually keep trying and after 5-6 attempts it works again... but can stop at any time and for no reason.

• Official Post

Not sure if there's an equivalent for Italian TV, but I've switched to USTVNow for American channels. Netflix was being a bit of a headache to deal with.

I didn't know USTVNow, so thank you. I don't watch Italian TV, so we're good.

In the end, I sold my 3rd gen Apple TV bought another Amazon Fire Stick - problem solved with Netflix (don't ask me why!). This time, I bought the latest model, which is 4k and has volume controls on the remote. It works slightly faster than the previous version.

I had considered other devices (such as the Roku and Chrome Cast), but for me the dealbreaker was the ability to install my VPN app. After consulting with my VPN customer service, they confirmed that Fire TV was the simplest one to configure for me so I went ahead and purchased a new one.

Curiously, my 4 years old Apple TV sold for more than the purchase price of a brand new Amazon Fire Stick.

The only thing I am still working on is a good app to cast to the Amazon Fire Stick. I have tried a few, but they don't work well enough to cast from the Amazon Prime app on my mobile devices to the TV. They work okay with YouTube videos and less demanding apps, though.

Can you recommend one, Dave_J?

• Where are you located, Dave_J ? Is USTVNow available in Argentina?

I'm in Córdoba right now, it works for me here at least.

The only thing I am still working on is a good app to cast to the Amazon Fire Stick. I have tried a few, but they don't work well enough to cast from the Amazon Prime app on my mobile devices to the TV. They work okay with YouTube videos and less demanding apps, though.

Can you recommend one, Dave_J?

Sorry, I'm not sure. Isn't it possible to access Prime content directly on the Firestick?

• Official Post

Sorry, I'm not sure. Isn't it possible to access Prime content directly on the Firestick?

Yes, however to use the Firestick you need an Amazon account, which is automatically used to access the Amazon prime app.

And the Amazon account is associated to a country, and the content you are displayed (domestically and abroad) varies accordingly. Since I do have an Amazon account, but not a Prime account (it is pointless in Argentina...), I am using my mother's Amazon Prime account to view movies.

However, hers is an Italian account and the catalogue is limited (plus, I am not interested in Italian movies).

The biggest hurdles is that if I access the Firestick using my mother's account, the app of Hulu, HGTV, and other US apps disappear from the menu, whereas with my amazon.com account (associated with the United States) I can access a larger number of apps.

My solution has been: use my US amazon.com account to access the Firestick. Use my mother IT amazon.it account to access the Amazon Prime app on my mobile device and then cast on my TV. The last part is where I am having a hard time