Payment by QR code being pushed by central bank

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,052 times. The latest Post () was by SpaceNut.

• Official Post

It's about time this contactless payment method was encouraged by the central bank. Handing over your card at the supermarket where the employee sees everything including the security code on the back of the card and then having to sign with a pen that could be infected.

Mercadolibre, with whom I have a love-hate relationship, has been at the forefront of paying by QR and it's surprising that so many banks have been so slow on the initiative.

https://tn.com.ar/economia/202…erencia-desde-el-celular/

• Official Post

I pay with Mercadopago QR code from time to time. I installed the app and logged in using my husband's account, so that I can spend his money.

It's incredible that INDEED they can speed up the checkup without going to the whole choreography 'hand the card, read the reverse, dictate your DNI, give your phone number which is handwritten on the receipt, sign the receipt, hand it back' etc.

• Official Post

All this QR stuff is a government method to control all our spending activities..................

Definitely. I am getting quite pissed at how things are going here.

You are tracked in your spending and now even in your movements.

You want to go on vacation, you will have to tell the government for how long you'll be gone and where, with whom and how will you be traveling using the CuidAR app. As soon as the lockdown started and they announced it was not possible to drive to summer homes on the coast, there was a surge of thefts, occupations, etc. in said properties because it was clear they'd be empty for months and with nobody around it was even easier to break in and steal. So I am not going to tell them when I won't be home during summer.

To mail something with a courier, you need to provide your CUIT for the invoice (whereas if you use Correo Argentino no ID is asked), to request a public record (like a birth/marriage/death/record or an apostille) you need to login using your AFIP credentials. Previously, anybody with a credit card could order their record, and you could print out the 'boleta' and pay at the pagofacil. Now only the City of Buenos Aires allows this. The Province has gone fully digital... except that it takes two months to get a digital record and 40 days to get an apostille, and you can only pay with homebanking linked to your AFIP account. WTF!

If you want to speed up things and/or not provide your details, you can request the apostille at the Colegio de escribanos. It takes 10 days and it costs 7 times as much (the apostille is 300 ARS and the colegio charges 1700 ARS for their service). Before the pandemics it was 300 ARS in cancillería in 2 days, and they didn't accept cash - only debit cards. Oh, but in the Province the Colegio de escribanos only charges 700 ARS on top of the 300 ARS of the apostille, but with limited slots. In San Isidro, appointments for the whole month of December were gone the first day.

As a result, some people have made a career as channeler for such requests.

I have paid ten dollars a channeler to get my apostilled marriage certificate because I was unable to do it myself and the Registro Civil is still closed to the public... but we can go on vacation now!

Clearly, the priorities are messed up in this country.