Even Gordo our friendly greengrocer is not to be trusted!!

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,442 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• The wife's just back and on her way home she stopped off to buy some fruit and veg at the local greengrocer. She's been buying there ever since he opened as his produce is decent quality and he allows her to choose herself. Top of her list was some grapefruit so she was glad to see he had some in as he didn't have any last time she was in. 120 pesos a kilo the price tag said so she bought 8.

When she went to the checkout he said ''they're now 140 a kilo not 120 as stated in the displayed price''.

She thouught he was joking but no, he wanted to charge her the higher price!! She told him he can't do that and if he was he could stick em up where the sun don't shine....he relented and charged the advertised price.

She couldn't believe he was prepared to treat one of his best customers that way so says she might not go back. Good for her I say as it showed all that is wrong with this country. :thumbdown:

• Official Post

We went to buy chairs for the kitchen table last week. We saw the chairs on the store's Instagram and website. They have an online store, but I want to try the charis before sitting on them.

Online, the price was 26k. When we went in-store, the tag read 19k. I thought it was a cash discount or something. Instead, the clerk went to check the excel spreadsheet on her computer and confirmed it was 26-something, with a 5% discount for cash payment. It was 5PM on a Friday evening, we didn't have the pesos at hand so we drove home and decided to buy the chairs. We texted the store at 7 PM saying we were confirming the purchase. They read the text on the next day, and promptly said that there was no more 5% discount for cash and that the 26k price was only if we could go there and pay cash IMMEDIATELY because they were updating the price to 37k. We didn't have enough ARS and offered to pay USD, which they promptly declined. So we rushed to exchange enough money, got a crappy rate (185, when ambito said 190-195) and drove as fast as we could to the store in Zona Norte.

While we were driving, we texted that we were indeed on our way, just to make clear we were 'driving for 26'. When we arrived, the clerk was happy we could 'score the deal' and get the chairs for 26k instead of 37k. Each.

Comes Monday, the rates falls but the chairs are still listed at 37k. I should be more content, but I am not. They made me rush there like a drug dealer with a drug addict!

Customer experience was overall bad and not pleasant, even if it turned out we got a good deal and the clerk was rooting for us. The point is I am nobody's horse. :beatdeadhorse:

• Official Post

Yeah. I told her to go back soon as he might just have been having a bad day. If he apologises then fine but if he doesn't then just don't go back.

I don't think he will apologise in the real sense. At most, he'll make a comment or an excuse on how suppliers have raised prices and he hadn't time to update the signs.

We ordered new windows that were due today, however the store where we ordered them said that this week the steel supplier didn't deliver the materials (because of the volatile exchange rate).

• I don't think he will apologise in the real sense. At most, he'll make a comment or an excuse on how suppliers have raised prices and he hadn't time to update the signs.

On further discussion with the missus that seems to be the case. However, according to her amongst the fresh grapefruit there still remained a few oldies so it would seem that it was because she picked the fresher ones he upped the price. Doesn't really matter anyway as it was his fault for putting them altogether. Poor show really just for the sake of a few pesos. :rolleyes:

• Official Post

I have heard it too many times. :rolleyes:

Here people are just used to it. I think the scene of the customer complaining and of the seller making up excuses is something the seller enjoys. He feels like he is a victim as much as his client.

I don't think there is the notion of customer experience/retention here.

There is a fancy pastry shop nearby. On Mother's day there was a long queue and 6 attendants. Except it took 30 mins to buy a f*ing cake.

One person was at the cashier and didn't move from there.

One person was supervising and stayed in the corner doing nothing.

One person was picking up stuff ordered by phone.

One person was stocking up the display with pastries from the laboratory

One person was serving but was busy packing up somebody else's purchase at an incredibly S-L-O-W pace, regardless of the 8 persons in line outside the store.

One person was talking with the person packing.

I became very pissed and moved my brows looking at the supervisor (being masked quite limited my facial expressions) and looking at the clock repeatedly. He finally came to me and asked if we were being attended. The idiot didn't even know what everybody of the six of them was doing. Unbelievable. :shoot-me:

• I don't think there is the notion of customer experience/retention here.

Yes I've noticed that. It seems to me unless their personality is naturally friendly they don't bother making the effort. Make their money too easily with high profit margins probably...at least they did until Covid-19 came calling. ^^

Fruit and veg shops are everywhere so she doesn't have to go far to find another one.

• Official Post

According to our veggie store owner, they all buy the same thing from the central market, except that if he goes earlier he can pick the better looking stuff. If he goes later, he gets the leftovers. For the same price. Hence, he goes to the central market at 3 AM, comes back, sleep, and opens his store. That's a hard working guy.

However, he invites customers to pick their own stuff in his store, which is something very unhygienic. I thought he'd come to sense during the pandemics, but he did not. I don't like people who just touched the bus handles their nose, or their butt to touch the stuff I'll put in my mouth.

• According to our veggie store owner, they all buy the same thing from the central market, except that if he goes earlier he can pick the better looking stuff. If he goes later, he gets the leftovers. For the same price. Hence, he goes to the central market at 3 AM, comes back, sleep, and opens his store. That's a hard working guy.

However, he invites customers to pick their own stuff in his store, which is something very unhygienic. I thought he'd come to sense during the pandemics, but he did not. I don't like people who just touched the bus handles their nose, or their butt to touch the stuff I'll put in my mouth.

Here it's brought fom the capital by the wholesalers. Not that bothered by the handling of it as it'll be well handled already before it even reaches the shops.