Best Deals using your Dolar Blue

• Hey guys,

I am curious what are your best "Dolar Blue" deals right now? For people who earn USD or EUR and be able to exchange on the streets can get more and more great deals in Argentina. Would be cool, if we could share some "deals" here :)

I am buying the best bottles of Zapata wines for maybe 1/3 what I would be buying them in Europe right now. Hotel stays are getting also cheaper by the day.

Apple products seem to be still quite expensive though.

• I am contemplating buying a iMac because it's the very first time it has the same price as abroad.

My hesitation is because I would have normally bought it used to save on the close to $2,000 price tag!

Even if it is a fair market price, it's still a lot of money.

We are redoing the windows glasses to a higher grade for a better insulation. We are continuously thinking what we could buy next.

• Does anyone have any experience with buying Rolex, Omega etc watches? They should be priced out in USD and the shop should use the official exchange rate to convert it into ARS, don't they?

• No experience at all with high end watches, mike_289 . (Are you currently in Argentina?). But I’m looking at buying a couple dozen USD $500,000 refrigerators to sprinkle around the apartment after reading this in the BA Times article posted by Splinter this weekend:

Demand for luxury products – from watches to automobiles – has spiked. The higher the value of an imported kitchen appliance, the higher its demand. People are stockpiling anything that contains steel or copper. As noted by Jairo Straccia in a column in Perfil last weekend, one importer brought into the country a container filled to the brim with 28 four-door luxury refrigerators priced at US$500,000 a piece. They sold out before he could take possession from the customs agency.

• Hey Rice,

No, I am currently not in AR, but about to return soon. Holy moly, how can a (luxury) fridge cost 500k USD :o? So would be a good idea to bring some stuff or send some stuff to friends in AR then :)

• I have no idea what a half million dollar fridge would look like - or what one would put IN one.

Yes, this would be a great time to bring things your friends can’t get in Argentina. They may already have lists!

• Many of my friends and acquaintances have bought brand new cars at almost half the showroom price, bearing in mind that the price quoted is always at the official rate.

My husband told me that in the news they interviewed a car salesman who sold 5 cars in a hour!

• Many of my friends and acquaintances have bought brand new cars at almost half the showroom price, bearing in mind that the price quoted is always at the official rate.

damn so they basically save more than 50% ... maybe should think about re-importing cars back to Europe then lol