For UK Man and fans of The Great British Bake Off

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,155 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

I met the wife of a biker friend of mine on Saturday and simply couldn't believe how she looked. I last saw her about four years ago when she must have weighed about 80kg, but now is about 45kg.

I was astounded and she looked fabulous, actually. However, I didn't feel it was right to ask her about her weight loss, apart from saying to her that she looked great.

I had lost some weight 10 years ago and everybody was telling me how fabulous I looked. A close female friend also added "it was about time!". Imagine what I think about her and her comment now that I have gained it all back 8o

I once tried to return the compliment to a lady in the town where I grew up, because I remembered how it make me proud that people noticed the difference when I followed a strict diet. I was already living in Argentina and was back in Italy for a visit. She was a round red-headed lady all her life, with a big round face. I found her slim, her face now not round at all, with her long red hair... she looked stunning, and I complimented her on her weight. She told me she was sick. She died a year or two later. Since then, I shut up about people's weight, unless they bring up the subject. It was quite a lesson. ?(

I am the same height as GlasgowJohn, and once I went up to 89 kilos. I was a teenager, and a fairly depressed one, and I ate the world.

I was 83 during university, and 77 when I started working. I am now close to 80 (I no longer dare to weigh myself) and I have joint aching, back aching, I don't sleep well and I feel sluggish etc. The lowest I ever got was 74. I would be happy with a steady 70, but I really enjoy food, and I loved eating incredible amounts of food since I was a newborn, as my mom has always confirmed. She said that other moms complained about their children not eating enough, and she couldn't understand why. Her issue was finding ways make me eat less.

I also get pretty grumpy when I am hungry, as my husband knows.

For me, the hardest part of a diet is the feel of hunger. It drives me mad. When I followed a diet, I had to make a mental shift and consider as "poisonous" all the food I couldn't eat. Psychologically speaking, it didn't feel a healthy approach, but it worked.

However, I usually get to a point where I think I can have a slip or two, that I am never to return to XX weight now... except that the weekly exception becomes a daily slip and a few months later I have 5-8 kilos more. :rolleyes:

• Think I'm about 5'8'' or at least I used to be......probably shrunk since coming here and becoming decrepit.

Any idea what made you put on the weight? You've done well so far so all the best in losing the rest. :thumbup:

Broke my ankle at Clarkston Tennis Club!

I was a twice a week golfer , played football and tennis - couldn't do anything for six months

Went from 78 k to 88k

Got it back to 84/85 and then went to live in Spain - Golf once a month and tennis twice a month was all I did.

Put on a kilo per year until I stabilized at 98/99.

Was really pleased to get down to 90 again which has been done over the last two years.

I know I can get to 85 - I will need to give up beer, I feel to get there....