When informal is too informal to be credible

• Argentinian journalism is not exactly the finest kind, but also local politicians aren't exactly top-notch statesmen / politicians. They are often poorly dressed and speak like low-cultured people, even when they try to prove they are better than their adversaries.

I often try to imagine how the news would have been reported on an US/UK/Italian newspaper, instead, and the credibility/weight would change a great deal to me. Maybe it's just because I come from abroad and I am used to political messages being delivered in a more formal way.

• I often think what would happen to the politicians here if they faced a formidable journalist in an interview. I feel they are there to be taken apart but no one ever pushes them with really tough questions.

I wonder why no international journalist is interviewing Argentinian politicians.

• I often think what would happen to the politicians here if they faced a formidable journalist in an interview. I feel they are there to be taken apart but no one ever pushes them with really tough questions.

Since we don't have any TV service, we dipped into YouTube for some Argie news channels and as usual the partisan flavour is just awful. Leuco on TN is obsessed with Cristina and the rest like C5N are just government mouthpieces. Let's not even talk about Cronica, which is cronic in fact.

Serious questions? I don't think so.