Are you eating out yet?

There are 32 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,788 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Last weekend it was the first one where restaurants could actually be open to the public with outdoor seating.

The police shut down 12 places for not complying with social distancing. Of course, people where sat at ordinary tables where you don't seet 6 ft. from the other guests, and you have to take off your mask to eat/drink.

Some of my friends in Buenos Aires have started posting pictures of their outing. I am sure that as the weather gets warmer, I'll see more of that. For now, I am not feeling the urge, despite La Nación classifying eating out (otdoor) as mid-low risk.

In Italy, millionaire Flavio Briatore was authorized to open the most famous disco of Italy, with limited access, and he caught himself the virus while there. He was hospitalized and discharged after a few days. He said that people go to the disco to stay together, and even if you give access to 3,000 instead of 10,000, those 3,000 will want to gather and not stay far away one from each other. Dancing is called a social activity for a reason!

He makes a fair point.

3385739w740.jpg

• I’m surprised at some of the classifications. Like you, though, we aren’t yet feeling an irresistible urge to eat at an outdoor restaurant, especially after reading the account of the Los Angeles sports writer who was extremely careful until he threw caution to the wind and met two friends to dine outdoors at a restaurant. Then caught the virus.

I’m personally disappointed that getting a haircut is classified as moderately high risk, as I’m starting to resemble Einstein, not in brilliance but in wild, unruly hair.

• Official Post

I badly need a haircut, which I get less than twice per year and was due in February. I was too busy to go then, so I left it for after our vacation. Then the first cases were reported and decided it was not worth the risk. Six months later, and I have very long hair and still doesn't feel safe to go to the hair salon.

They aren't packed as many are throwing 15-20% deals.

A new barbershop around the corner was offering a can of Coke with a haircut and 50% on the next haircut. That's pretty aggressive for Argentina!

• We had pizza tonight, too. Friday nights often downright demand it.

But we cheated by starting with a pre-made crust. (Yours looks homemade?). Then piled on broccoli florets, tomato slices, mushrooms and handfuls of shredded mozzarella with chopped up oregano leaves. An albahaca sprinkling on top of the finished product would have been divine, but there’s none to be found in the northern hemisphere in the month of November.

• I've probably mentioned in the past I'm not a great lover of pizza although it's okay as a snack I suppose. As we were running late the other night the missus who loves pizza wanted to try a place she'd heard good reports on. It's located in a residential road in front of a small house....bet the neighbours aren't best pleased. As I know bugger all about pizza she chose the three cheese and three onion grande which cost 820 pesos. The missus who went in said she saw the wood fired oven. I have to say I enjoyed it, the thin crust was especially nice and the toppings just the right amount. Best of all the sauce wasn't overpowering with just the right amount of seasoning.

It's only five minutes away so I can see us buying from there again.

• I’ve always thought that people who don’t like cats simply have never met that one cat they fall in love with, that makes them suddenly like cats in general.

Maybe the same can be said of pizza, UK Man . I’m glad you’ve fallen in love with that one pizza that could make you reconsider your rejection of pizza in general!

:cheers:

• The very best frozen pizzas , made by the Petersen brothers - your good lady will know who they are...

She hasn't seen them on sale here and I rarely take much notice of the pizza section. I'll have a look and see if I can get one. Will report back. :thumbup:

For lunch a sliced ham and tuna mayo sarnie. With a chunk of mature cheddar and a handful of crisps.....a glass of wine to wash it down with.

• Why have I never heard of it? What is it called? Is it actually better than either a ham sandwich or a tuna salad sandwich? I’m intrigued.

Don't think it's called anything. Here they use three slices of thin bread and spread the fillings separately. I just use two and layer the fillings together.