A missed event: Pope Francis to visit Peru and Chile and skipping Argentina

There are 29 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,572 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Argentinian :saint: Pope Francis' schedule for this month include visits to neighboring Chile and Peru.

Argentina is the last big South American country that the Pope has yet not visited (or failed to visit?). Why is he skipping Argentina? Chance? Political message:?:

La Nación calls these visits as 'historic' and foresees that thousands of Argentinian worshippers will cross the already-popular border with Chile.

https://www.reuters.com/articl…anuary-2018-idUSKBN19A26B

• back to your original question, I echo:. WHY IS HE SKIPPING ARGENTINA? CHANCE? POLITICAL MESSAGE?

• Official Post

It's a blatant insult, that's what it is and directed squarely at the president.

Bear in mind that he was shunned by the both the Kirchner presidents when he was bishop of BA and they never attended his mass at the cathedral in Plaza de Mayo. Not once.

Fast forward a few years and queen bitch is all over him like a rash in the Vatican, not to mention all those other K rats and his agenda becomes plain to see for everyone.

I may not be religious and he may be a humble man, but he knows how to snub, big time.

• Apparently the Pope is "argentinean and Peronist" with all those wicked connotations that these words have (argentinean: not engaged, lazy, tricky) and peronist (authoritarian, enemy of the good practices in economy, thieves, demagogic, wishing only a vast client-citizens who would be faithful to those are using the "Peron" name as a franchising brands in politics).

Also the Pope´s interpretation of the Social doctrine of the Church is wicked. The traditional Church never said that capitalism is bad. They only said that capitalism must be open and give place to the others who do not have a decent standerd of life.

• Apparently the Pope is "argentinean and Peronist" with all those wicked connotations that these words have (argentinean: not engaged, lazy, tricky) and peronist (authoritarian, enemy of the good practices in economy, thieves, demagogic, wishing only a vast client-citizens who would be faithful to those are using the "Peron" name as a franchising brands in politics).

Also the Pope´s interpretation of the Social doctrine of the Church is wicked. The traditional Church never said that capitalism is bad. They only said that capitalism must be open and give place to the others who do not have a decent standerd of life.

Does this Pope say that capitalism itself is bad, or only unrestrained, selfish capitalism?

• It is difficult to have any certain idea on what he really thinks. He never speaks clearly. The clear thing is that he fueled the idea that for being poor, you are most probably be in the right way to Salvation.

We called it in Spanish "pobrismo".

• It is difficult to have any certain idea on what he really thinks. He never speaks clearly. The clear thing is that he fueled the idea that for being poor, you are most probably be in the right way to Salvation.

We called it in Spanish "pobrismo".

This is from his address yesterday, for el Día de los Reyes:

VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis on Saturday advised against making the pursuit of money, a career or success the basis for one’s whole life, urging in his Epiphany remarks to also resist “inclinations toward arrogance, the thirst for power and for riches.”

During a homily at Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica, Francis said people “often make do” with having “health, a little money and a bit of entertainment.” He urged people to help the poor and others in need of assistance, giving freely without expecting anything in return.

It seems to me that this is pretty good advice.

• I must confess that, even being a practising Roman Catholic, I prefer Benedict XVI and anyone of the other ones. That makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I do not agree with Francis worldly policies. I do not reject the tradition of the Church, or its theology.

I have asked a priest, friend of mine, and he said that there is no sin in it. And many others from my religion are concerned with this issue as well. He advised me to pray for him. But due to my rationalist upbringing. I think that praying is not enough.

Spaniards used to say "A Dios rogando y con el mazo dando" (Praying to God, but with the hammer moving)

• Being a divorced Roman Catholic , I was quite looking forward to Pope Francis . Has got some great theological ideas but I have been unable to understand his apparent love affair with the Kirchner dynasty.

I also cannot understand why he seems to dislike Macri so much.

Maybe they are really good friends behind the scenes....

• Pope Francis introduced a great confusion in the Church. Many priests are also confused, although to save face, they neglect to speak about it.

In my point of view, I would like that someone in the Church will speak clearly on what to do with the problem of poverty. Nobody stresses the fact that everyone must carry the burden of assuming their future and work hard for it. Lazyness is a sin as grave as the other capital sins.

And in this country I see numerous young women begging in the Tube stations with a child, when they could do at least domestic service.

• Official Post

With seven years as pope, this man has never stepped foot in his homeland since being elected.

Now it appears that he won't even visit when Fernandez becomes president in December, because of the aforementioned's stance on abortion. When asked why he hasn't been back, he replied "Ask the Lord..."

He's visited about 50 countries since he became pope, so presumably some of those 50 countries carry out policies that he doesn't agree with?

This is one partisan pope who lets politics govern his thinking and love him or loathe him (I would be in the latter group), a visit to Argentina would be unifying for the believers in a very positive way. perhaps even for non-believers too.

He's a constant disappointment, quite frankly.