Currently watching on Netflix

There are 65 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Splinter.

• 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

(2016)

Overview

An American Ambassador is killed during an attack at a U.S. compound in Libya as a security team struggles to make sense out of the chaos. Read more

Genres

• War
    • History
    • Thriller
    • Drama
    • Action
    Trailer

• Apart from Grand Hotel, I've been dipping into Designated Survivor when I'm truly bored out of my wits as it lurches from one boring thread to another.

Then I started We The Marines which was just gung-ho propaganda with a Gene Hackman voiceover.

Rebellion recounts the Easter Uprising against the British in Ireland in 1914 and makes you realise that the British have a lot to answer for in Ireland.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is a gripping account of the Libya Ambassador disaster direct by Michael Bay.

I've now restarted Shooter which looks very promising, especially since I'm now playing an excellent sniper game on my gaming rig.

Safe is best avoided, unless you like ridiculous plots and crap acting.

• My summation would be:

Amateur dramatics does Agatha Christie in an opulent hotel by the sea in Galicia, where two inept slueths, one from upstairs and one from downstairs, become lovers, but spend most of their time acting out their servant and mistress roles, thus dampening the sexual tension somewhat.

The two principal families involved, lurch from one whodunnit to another, some involving bare knuckle fights where the protagonists knock ten bells out of one another and leave the tavern in the same perfect condition that they arrived in.

I really want something to happen now that we're almost at the end. I think I've suffered enough in this shimmering, soft focus and clinical charade.

Odd though it may seem, we've become strangely hooked on Grand Hotel and with us just starting season 3, the bodies are certainly piling up now at a rate of knots.

In some ways it reminds me of a Spanish version of Dallas, except that there is more than one baddie and some of the leading ladies are very dishy indeed.

At the moment it's a toss up between Maite and Alicia.

Maite

Alicia

I'm leaning towards Maite...

• Murder In Paradise

(2013)

Overview

Murder in Paradise recounts the stories of American couples who go on dream vacations that end in violence. Only one of them comes back alive, and it’s never an accident. From a boxing champ found dead in his hotel room, to a vicious pirate attack on a luxury yacht, to a passionate affair that ends in bloodshed, each episode tells how an idyllic trip in paradise turned deadly. Read more

Genres

• Documentary
    • Crime
    • Drama
  • Just started the newly released Season 7 of Death In Paradise. Hokey, yes. Predictable, yes. But fun, and with very likeable characters. Also nice to escape to a tropical island when it is really cold outside, right?