Police brutality

There are 79 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,769 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

It's just emerged that an eight year old special needs boy in Florida, USA, was handcuffed (almost) by police at his school in December 2018 and taken away to a police station.

The tiny kid was crying and clearly will forever have a jaundiced view of the police for the rest of his life. Is this really the way police should behave with small children?

• This is one of the many reasons for the continued protests against police overreach and brutality.

Although we are all grateful for the heroic and kind acts of police, we are horrified when they behave lawlessly, and need to make sure that they are never allowed to act beyond the law.

What’s so hard about that? Why are there counter protests?

• Rice, because any act of protest now results in counter protests. It seems it's a case of "well, if you can have your say I am going to make sure I have mine too".

In fact, the whole idea of protesting is being hijaked, and it's from all angles too. Of course, it doesn't help when the legitmate protests are jumped upon by dangerous movements, like in Seattle and Portland, and like the stupid concept of defunding the police.

Onto the problem with policing. Reform in the United States wouldn't really be that hard and it's clear what needs to be done. I have no idea why no one is doing it.

• Official Post

If you're a black American, you will be shot by police if you don't lick their boots as happened yesterday in Kenosha, Wisconsin where a black man was shot seven times. Seven times.

The man, identified by Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers as Jacob Blake, is in stable condition, according to attorney Ben Crump, who is representing Blake's family.

Blake's fiancée said that Blake was unarmed. The Blake family's attorney Crump said that his three sons were in the vehicle.

• Let me guess....... Trump's fault no?

This is what i see, police stops a guy( guy thinks laws don't apply to him because he is black)he start to walk away from the police, when i'm damn certain the police told him plain and simple to stop, but no, black guys decides it's a great idea to disobey a direct order from a police officer who already drew his weapon and proceeds to reach inside the vehicle. unless this guy was deaf , he shows no intention to comply .........let's recap, police orders to stop , not only he doesn't but he goes to reach for whatever in his vehicle instead.

I would love to hear all these experts in security what was the police officer supposed to do?

Edited once, last by Mckenna: Merged a post created by Mckenna into this post. ().

• Cute. Reminds me of Bajo’s “Cristina Good, Macri Bad” point of view.

Funny you should bring up the Blame Game, @Mckenna, because the speakers at last night’s republican convention were using the tired old playbook that any good things in the past 3.7 years have been caused by yer man, while all bad things are the fault of Obama.

But whose fault do you think shooting that man seven times in the back was? I think it was the fault of the trigger-happy cowboy who did the shooting. And I think an atmosphere of lenience towards policemen who commit such acts has led them to feel they can get away with them, as they often do, usually against non-whites. Even those Mexicans who are working so hard to pay for that Wall!

Let me guess....... Trump's fault no?

This is what i see, police stops a guy( guy thinks laws don't apply to him because he is black)he start to walk away from the police, when i'm damn certain the police told him plain and simple to stop, but no, black guys decides it's a great idea to disobey a direct order from a police officer who already drew his weapon and proceeds to reach inside the vehicle. unless this guy was deaf , he shows no intention to comply .........let's recap, police orders to stop , not only he doesn't but he goes to reach for whatever in his vehicle instead.

I would love to hear all these experts in security what was the police officer supposed to do?

In the US, we didn’t get get the audio, so we don’t know if the police told him not to get into the car, or if they told him to move along. If you got audio in Argentina, please attach it so I can hear what you heard? I’m at a disadvantage. Thanks.

Edited once, last by Rice: Merged a post created by Rice into this post. ().

• Official Post

Let me guess....... Trump's fault no?

He had his three kids in the car and he was going to get a gun from inside the vehicle under those circumstances?

He certainly wasn't supposed to shoot him the back @Mckenna

• You see ,that's the problem, by the officer trying to reach and grab the back of the shirt before he got to his car gives me enough motive to think yo' boy wasn't listening....... as far as whose fault it is, well they way i see it, if you are instructed to do something and you do exactly the opposite then what ever happens is on you , but i suppose that would be to much to ask these days. be responsible for your acts and stand down when asked to , then and only then if there was a wrong doing, you can take that to court.

A quick note about mexicans , i lived among them in California and i can tell you , they are nothing to write home about. I have never met any other group more racist than mexicans

He had his three kids in the car and he was going to get a gun from inside the vehicle under those circumstances?

He certainly wasn't supposed to shoot him the back @Mckenna

I guess we won't know now what he was going to do.....

Edited once, last by Mckenna: Merged a post created by Mckenna into this post. ().

• You see ,that's the problem, by the officer trying to reach and grab the back of the shirt before he got to his car gives me enough motive to think yo' boy wasn't listening....... as far as whose fault it is, well they way i see it, if you are instructed to do something and you do exactly the opposite then what ever happens is on you , but i suppose that would be to much to ask these days. be responsible for your acts and stand down when asked to , then and only then if there was a wrong doing, you can take that to court.

I guess we won't know now what he was going to do.....

A couple of thoughts:

1. By all accounts, this guy was there to try to break up a domestic fight, not apparently doing something criminal.

2. If he had a gun that was in the glove box, which in the US is on the other side of the car, it wouldn’t be fast & easy to reach from the driver’s side, which he was entering.

3. In the US, shooting a person in the back is not a first resort, but a last (dead last) resort. If they thought this guy was so dangerous, they had plenty of time to taze him - - or if the gun was burning a hole in the policeman’s hand, plenty of time to shoot this man standing right by him, in the foot: guaranteed to stop him.

But I’m just trying to piece this together without the audio from the police bodycam, which as I said, has not been made available in the USA.

• @Mckenna ...Until their is audio proof, I will have to agree with your assessment of the situation that was unfolding. It also seem's like no one in this country

can take a direct order from a police officer, I would bet the man was given an order. Still can not see how the situation can warrant protesting and destroying

someone else's property.

• Ok then, when dangerous shoot them in the foot, got it

I was expecting that response, and tried to paint the picture of this guy who did NOT have a gun in his hand, someone not posing an immediate threat - no ‘shoot or be shot’ situation. More like “you can’t turn your back on ME - I’ll show you.”

And he did, didn’t he. In the most lethal way possible.

• Rice ... You know as well as I what should have happened. If the police gave the order to halt, then I would have advised to follow orders.

Hey, I would have followed orders. But if I hadn’t done so, if anybody but the police had shot me 7 times in the back, they would have been in jail before my ambulance arrived.

• So moral of the story, don't turn around or they'll show you.

I really don't know where you grew up Rice but around many parts of the world, when police tells you to stop, you, well stop and in some cases , or else.

There is a time to argue and a time to do as you are told even if you know that could be unlawful , then and after the fact you contact your lawyer and sort things out.

I am not saying what the police officer is right and at the same time i don't go running trying to crucify him.

Also check yourself a bit, you come off a little condescending. Thanks

• So moral of the story, don't turn around or they'll show you.

I really don't know where you grew up Rice but around many parts of the world, when police tells you to stop, you, well stop and in some cases , or else.

There is a time to argue and a time to do as you are told even if you know that could be unlawful , then and after the fact you contact your lawyer and sort things out.

I am not saying what the police officer is right and at the same time i don't go running trying to crucify him.

Perhaps you didn’t have a chance to read what I wrote, @Mckenna . So I’ll repeat: “Hey, I would have followed orders!”

One of the differences between this forum and some others is that we prefer discussing issues and exchanging points of view, instead of making unnecessarily personal comments like “you come off a little condescending.” Just saying.

• Official Post

So moral of the story, don't turn around or they'll show you.

The police officer deserves to be crucified after shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times. And please don't single me out as a snowflake, anti-police BLM supporter because this incident goes beyond that.